Smart Home State of Play and Evolution
"Smart Home State of Play and Evolution", a research report by GlobalData, examines the smart home market dynamics and telco's activities in smart homes. Leveraging primary and secondary research, the report provides an analytical overview of the smart home market, telco's activities within the market and evolution of the market.
Telcos have already perceived the need to expand their portfolio beyond connectivity to monetize the growing smart home opportunity. The smart home ecosytem, market, and use cases are developing at a rapid pace. Telcos are trying to determine their role in this ecosystem and how they maximize on the opportunity.
The report is structured as follows-
- Section 1: Smart Home State of Play-this section provides an overview of the smart home ecosystem, defines the type of smart home solutions commercially available and assesses telco's smart home offerings and go-to-market approaches
- Section 2: Drivers and Inhibitors of Smart Home Adoption-an analysis of the key drivers and inhibitors in the adoption of smart home solutions
- Section 3: Findings and Recommendations-we conclude the report with a set of key findings, critical considerations and recommendations for telcos and vendors pursuing the smart home opportunity
- The smart home ecosystem consists of devices and software, platforms, services, and connectivity
- A large number of telcos have no smart home offering
- On a global scale, interoperability of smart devices and solutions are the two biggest challenges that the industry is facing
- Smart home technology is rapidly evolving, providing new solutions aimed at improving various aspect of residential life and creating new revenue streams for telecom operators.
Reasons to buy
- This Global Outlook report provides an examination of the smart home market to help executives understand market dynamics, formulate effective product development plans, optimize resource allocation, and return on investment.
- The report discusses opportunities in the smart home market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for telcos.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the different approaches that telcos are adopting to foster their presence within the smart home value chain and ecosystem.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Exhibits 4
Executive Summary 5
Section 1: Smart Home State of Play 6
Overview of the Smart Home Ecosystem 7
Type of Smart Home Solutions 8
Telco Smart Home Offerings 9
Telco Smart Home Go To Market Approaches 10
Telco Smart Home Solutions 11
Section 2: Drivers and Inhibitors of Smart Home Adoption 12
Drivers and Inhibitors of Smart Home Adoption 13
Drivers of Smart Home Adoption 14
Inhibitors of Smart Home Adoption 15
Evolution of Smart Homes 16
Section 3: Findings and Recommendations 17
Findings and Recommendations 18
Acronyms and Definitions 20
About the Authors 21
Contact Information 22
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Smart Home Ecosystem 7
Exhibit 2: Key Smart Home Solutions 8
Exhibit 3: Analysis of Telco Smart Home Offerings 9
Exhibit 4: Smart Home Go To Market Approaches 9
Exhibit 5: Telco Smart Home Go To Market Approaches 10
Exhibit 6: Analysis of Select Telco Smart Home Solutions Offered 11
Exhibit 7: Smart Home Adoption Drivers and Inhibitors 13
Exhibit 8: Smart Home Evolution 16
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Smart Homes, Smart Services, Etisalat, Verizon, BT, Singtel, Telstra, AT&T, HKT, Rogers, Comcast, Deutsche Telekom
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"