SoftBank Group Corp (9984)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
SoftBank Group Corp (SoftBank) is a provider of integrated telecommunications services. The company is involved in various businesses related to the information industry with presence in fixed-line telecommunications, mobile communications, internet services, and distribution. It offers services such as cellular phone services, high-speed Internet access services, Internet protocol (IP) phone service, and transmission services for audio and data across segments. The company also sells mobile devices and accessories along with mobile communication services and broadband services to retail customers in Japan and the US. It is also involved in the production and distribution of online games for smartphones and other devices and manages the Fukuoka SoftBank HAWKS related business. The company operates in Japan, the US and other countries. SoftBank is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
SoftBank Group Corp Key Recent Developments
Sep 07,2018: Ericsson and Industry Partners Advance 5G Commercial Readiness in North America[Newswire : Technology-PRN]
Aug 23,2018: Alibaba Cloud Revenues Double-Softbank Backs USD 3 Billion Investment
Aug 14,2018: Robert Townsend to join SoftBank Group as Chief Legal Officer and Senior Vice President
Aug 14,2018: SoftBank names Robert Townsend as chief legal officer and senior vice president
Aug 06,2018: SoftBank profit jumps on boost from ARM, Vision Fund gains
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
SoftBank Group Corp-Key Facts 6
SoftBank Group Corp-Key Employees 7
SoftBank Group Corp-Key Employee Biographies 8
SoftBank Group Corp-Major Products and Services 9
SoftBank Group Corp-History 10
SoftBank Group Corp-Company Statement 17
SoftBank Group Corp-Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Joint Venture 20
Section 2-Company Analysis 21
Company Overview 21
SoftBank Group Corp-Business Description 22
Business Segment: Domestic Telecommunications 22
Business Segment: ARM 22
Business Segment: Distribution 22
Business Segment: Domestic Telecommunications 23
Key Stats 23
Business Segment: SoftBank Vision Fund and Delta Fund 23
Business Segment: Sprint 23
Key Stats 23
Business Segment: Yahoo Japan 24
Geographical Segment: Japan 24
Target Markets 24
Geographical Segment: Other 24
Target Markets 24
Geographical Segment: The US 24
Target Markets 24
SoftBank Group Corp-Corporate Strategy 25
SoftBank Group Corp-SWOT Analysis 26
SWOT Analysis-Overview 26
SoftBank Group Corp-Strengths 26
SoftBank Group Corp-Weaknesses 27
SoftBank Group Corp-Opportunities 28
SoftBank Group Corp-Threats 29
SoftBank Group Corp-Key Competitors 30
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 32
Performance Chart 35
Financial Performance 35
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 36
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 37
SoftBank Group Corp, Recent Deals Summary 38
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 39
Sep 07, 2018: Ericsson and Industry Partners Advance 5G Commercial Readiness in North America[Newswire : Technology-PRN] 39
Sep 07, 2018: Ericsson and Industry Partners Advance 5G Commercial Readiness in North America[Newswire : Technology-PRN] 40
Sep 07, 2018: Ericsson and Industry Partners Advance 5G Commercial Readiness in North America[Newswire : Technology-PRN] 41
Aug 23, 2018: Alibaba Cloud Revenues Double-Softbank Backs USD 3 Billion Investment 42
Aug 23, 2018: Alibaba Cloud Revenues Double-Softbank Backs USD 3 Billion Investment 43
Aug 23, 2018: Alibaba Cloud Revenues Double-Softbank Backs USD 3 Billion Investment 44
Aug 14, 2018: Robert Townsend to join SoftBank Group as Chief Legal Officer and Senior Vice President 45
Jul 05, 2018: Nemaska Lithium signs lithium hydroxide offtake deal with LG Chem 46
Jul 05, 2018: Nemaska Lithium signs lithium hydroxide offtake deal with LG Chem 47
Jun 01, 2018: SoftBank announces three EVPs of board of directors 48
Section 5-Appendix 49
Ratio Definitions 49
About GlobalData 53
Contact Us 53
List of Figures
SoftBank Group Corp, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 35
SoftBank Group Corp, Ratio Charts 37
List of Tables
SoftBank Group Corp, Key Facts 6
SoftBank Group Corp, Key Employees 7
SoftBank Group Corp, Key Employee Biographies 8
SoftBank Group Corp, Major Products and Services 9
SoftBank Group Corp, History 10
SoftBank Group Corp, Other Locations 18
SoftBank Group Corp, Subsidiaries 18
SoftBank Group Corp, Joint Venture 20
SoftBank Group Corp, Key Competitors 30
SoftBank Group Corp, Ratios based on current share price 31
SoftBank Group Corp, Annual Ratios 32
SoftBank Group Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 33
SoftBank Group Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 34
SoftBank Group Corp, Interim Ratios 36
SoftBank Group Corp, Recent Deals Summary 38
Currency Codes 49
Capital Market Ratios 49
Equity Ratios 50
Profitability Ratios 50
Cost Ratios 51
Liquidity Ratios 51
Leverage Ratios 52
Efficiency Ratios 52
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
NTT DoCoMo Inc
NTT DATA Corporation
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp
Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
China Mobile Ltd
SoftBank Group Corp, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"