Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS) is a provider of telecommunication services. It offers wireless, home security and automation; cable, wireline broadband; video, TV and voice; and hosted and managed services to customers. Its service offerings include broadband access; caller ID; internet access; local, regional and long distance calling services; messaging services; managed network services; virtual private networks; voice and data services; text, video and picture messaging; voicemail, and text message alerts. The company sells its products through direct sales, independent agents, third-party national retailers, website, and telesales. It offers its services through its subsidiaries in the US. TDS is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, the US.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. Key Recent Developments
May 24,2018: TDS appoints John Toomey as vice president and treasurer
May 24,2018: Telephone and Data Systems appoints James Butman to board of directors
May 01,2018: TDS reports first quarter 2018 results
Mar 02,2018: TDS to appoint Douglas W. Chambers as senior vice president-finance and chief accounting officer; Douglas D. Shuma to retire[TOPC : Retail-Austria Technologie & Systemtechnik Aktiengesellschaft]
Feb 23,2018: TDS to hire Douglas Chambers as senior vice president, finance and chief accounting officer
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Key Facts 6
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Key Employees 7
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Key Employee Biographies 9
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Major Products and Services 10
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-History 12
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Company Statement 14
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2-Company Analysis 17
Company Overview 17
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Business Description 18
Business Segment: Other 18
Business Segment: TDS Telecom 18
Key Stats 18
Business Segment: US Cellular 18
Key Stats 19
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Corporate Strategy 20
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis-Overview 21
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Strengths 21
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Weaknesses 22
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Opportunities 23
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Threats 24
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.-Key Competitors 25
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 32
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 33
May 01, 2018: TDS reports first quarter 2018 results 33
Mar 02, 2018: TDS to appoint Douglas W. Chambers as senior vice president-finance and chief accounting officer; Douglas D. Shuma to retire[TOPC : Retail-Austria Technologie & Systemtechnik Aktiengesellschaft] 34
Nov 08, 2017: TDS reports third quarter 2017 results 35
Aug 04, 2017: TDS reports second quarter 2017 results 36
Jun 28, 2017: TDS names Anita Kroll as vice president and controller 37
Jun 28, 2017: TDS names Michelle Brukwicki as vice president, financial analysis and strategic planning 38
Jun 28, 2017: Telephone and Data Systems appoints vice president and controller 39
Jun 28, 2017: Telephone and Data Systems appoints vice president of financial analysis and strategic planning 40
May 30, 2017: TDS announces leadership transition at TDS Telecom 41
May 05, 2017: Telephone and Data Systems Q1 net income up 42
Section 5-Appendix 43
Ratio Definitions 43
About GlobalData 47
Contact Us 47
List of Figures
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Performance Chart (2013-2017) 30
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Ratio Charts 32
List of Tables
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Key Facts 6
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Key Employees 7
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 9
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Major Products and Services 10
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., History 12
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Subsidiaries 15
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Key Competitors 25
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 26
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Annual Ratios 27
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., Interim Ratios 31
Currency Codes 43
Capital Market Ratios 43
Equity Ratios 44
Profitability Ratios 44
Cost Ratios 45
Liquidity Ratios 45
Leverage Ratios 46
Efficiency Ratios 46
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Verizon Communications Inc
T-Mobile US, Inc.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"