Telstra Corp Ltd (TLS)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Telstra Corp Ltd (Telstra) provides telecommunications and information services. The company provides telecommunications products and services such as home and mobile phones and devices, fixed and wireless internet and Pay TV, mobility solutions, business application and services. Telstra provides network based solutions and services to enterprises and government organizations. The company also undertakes the construction of infrastructure for fixed, mobile, Internet Protocol (IP) and data networks. It provides products and services under the brand name of Telstra. The company has presence in Philippines, Thailand, British Virgin Islands, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK, New Zealand and India. Telstra is headquartered in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Telstra Corp Ltd Key Recent Developments
Oct 11,2018: Telstra slashes bonuses, says sorry for executive pay
Aug 15,2018: Telstra FY net profit down
Aug 14,2018: Telstra director Steve Vamos to retire
Jul 30,2018: Telstra announces new topline organisational structure and leadership team
Jul 30,2018: Telstra's head of technology out in restructure
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Telstra Corp Ltd-Key Facts 6
Telstra Corp Ltd-Key Employees 7
Telstra Corp Ltd-Key Employee Biographies 8
Telstra Corp Ltd-Major Products and Services 9
Telstra Corp Ltd-History 10
Telstra Corp Ltd-Company Statement 17
Telstra Corp Ltd-Locations And Subsidiaries 20
Head Office 20
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 20
Section 2 - Company Analysis 21
Company Overview 21
Telstra Corp Ltd-Business Description 22
Business Segment: Telstra Consumer and Small Business 22
Business Segment: Telstra Enterprise 22
Business Segment: Telstra InfraCo 22
Business Segment: Telstra Operations 23
Business Segment: Telstra Wholesale 23
Telstra Corp Ltd-Corporate Strategy 24
Telstra Corp Ltd-SWOT Analysis 25
SWOT Analysis-Overview 25
Telstra Corp Ltd-Strengths 25
Telstra Corp Ltd-Weaknesses 26
Telstra Corp Ltd-Opportunities 27
Telstra Corp Ltd-Threats 28
Telstra Corp Ltd-Key Competitors 29
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 30
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 30
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 31
Performance Chart 34
Financial Performance 34
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 35
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 36
Telstra Corp Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 37
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 38
Jul 10, 2018: Group Managing Director Networks, Mike Wright to step down from Telstra 38
Jul 05, 2018: Wind farm powers surge in green energy at Monash 39
Mar 26, 2018: Telstra exits Premium Direct Billing service and agrees to ACCC penalty 40
Dec 22, 2017: University of Melbourne Joins Major New Renewable Energy Project in Regional Victoria 41
Dec 21, 2017: Telstra Led Consortium Supports Major New Renewable Energy Project in Regional Victoria 42
May 31, 2017: Government thanks Telstra for calling on Queensland for solar jobs 43
Feb 16, 2017: Telstra H1 profit decreases 44
Jan 30, 2017: Telstra appoints new chairman of Foxtel pay-TV business 45
Section 5 - Appendix 46
Ratio Definitions 46
About GlobalData 50
Contact Us 50
List of Figures
Telstra Corp Ltd, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 34
Telstra Corp Ltd, Ratio Charts 36
List of Tables
Telstra Corp Ltd, Key Facts 6
Telstra Corp Ltd, Key Employees 7
Telstra Corp Ltd, Key Employee Biographies 8
Telstra Corp Ltd, Major Products and Services 9
Telstra Corp Ltd, History 10
Telstra Corp Ltd, Subsidiaries 20
Telstra Corp Ltd, Key Competitors 29
Telstra Corp Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 30
Telstra Corp Ltd, Annual Ratios 31
Telstra Corp Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 32
Telstra Corp Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 33
Telstra Corp Ltd, Interim Ratios 35
Telstra Corp Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 37
Currency Codes 46
Capital Market Ratios 46
Equity Ratios 47
Profitability Ratios 47
Cost Ratios 48
Liquidity Ratios 48
Leverage Ratios 49
Efficiency Ratios 49
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
T-Systems Multimedia Solutions Gmbh Amazon.com Inc Vodafone Hutchison Australia Pty Ltd Telefonica SA Interoute Communications Ltd Singtel Optus Pty Ltd NTT Communications Corporation Rackspace Hosting Inc BT Global Services Limited AT&T Inc International Business Machines Corp CenturyLink Inc iiNet Limited Orange Business Services SAS Verizon Communications Inc Spark New Zealand Ltd vividwireless Pty Ltd Singapore Telecommunications Ltd
T-Systems Multimedia Solutions Gmbh
Vodafone Hutchison Australia Pty Ltd
Interoute Communications Ltd
Singtel Optus Pty Ltd
NTT Communications Corporation
Rackspace Hosting Inc
BT Global Services Limited
International Business Machines Corp
Orange Business Services SAS
Verizon Communications Inc
Spark New Zealand Ltd
vividwireless Pty Ltd
Singapore Telecommunications Ltd
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"