United Arab Emirates: Country Intelligence Report
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
United Arab Emirates: Country Intelligence Report
"United Arab Emirates: Country Intelligence Report", is a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in United Arab Emirates today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
GlobalData expects UAE's total telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue to reach USD 9.4 billion in 2018, up by 2.3% over 2017, driven by strong growth in mobile data and fixed broadband revenue. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2018. While mobile broadband will be the fastest growing segment during 2018-2023 driven by increasing adoption of 4G services and fast growing M2M connections. Going forward, UAE's pay-TV revenue will grow at 1% CAGR mainly driven by growth in IPTV subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in United Arab Emirates.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV service revenue in United Arab Emirates will grow at a CAGR of 2.2% over 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 61.8% of the total telecom and pay-TV service revenue in 2023, driven by increasing adoption of 4G services.
- 4G will remain the most adopted mobile technology across the 2018-2023 forecast period supported by LTE/LTE-A network upgrades and expansions by operators.
- Etisalat leads the UAE's mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2018, followed by Du. Both operators support country's digital agenda and compete on basis of network expansions/upgrades, and competitively priced mobile offers.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of United Arab Emirates's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in United Arab Emirates's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in United Arab Emirates's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in United Arab Emirates.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Etisalat UAE 28
Additional resources 30
Baseline forecast assumptions 31
Data tables 32
Research methodology 37
About the authors 38
Country Intelligence Report coverage 39
About GlobalData 40
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
TRA, mobile data in UAE, mobile broadband in UAE, fixed broadband in UAE, pay-TV in UAE, FTTX in UAE, 3G in UAE, 4G in UAE, 5G in UAE, smartphones penetration in UAE, Etisalat UAE, Du, OSN, ART, beIN Sports