This whitepaper delves deep into Egypt’s fitness equipment industry's transformative landscape. Drawing upon a meticulous analysis of the market overview, emerging trends, and the scope of development, this research unravels the enigma behind Egypt's fitness renaissance.
Moreover, we explore the vital role played by government initiatives in fueling this cultural shift toward active living. We also uncover intriguing insights into customer preferences and their impact on shaping the market and examine the innovative strategies employed by private players, in fostering heightened participation and engagement among their target audience. Read on to explore the evolution behind this Fitness equipment industry.
2. Specialized fitness programs among the growing working-age population have been a strong trend and it contributed to a surge in demand for advanced fitness equipment
Interested to know the competitor strengths and weaknesses of this industry? Click here to download a free sample report
Home Based Fitness Equipment
- COVID-19 era has witnessed businesses strengthening their digital presence in order to attract consumers as their preferences have shifted to home based fitness activities as per their convenience upscaling the requirements for home based fitness equipment such as yoga mats, resistance bands and dumbbells along with exercise bike, elliptical and treadmills.
Specialty Fitness Programs
- Specialty fitness programs that focus on a particular style of exercise, piece of equipment or even philosophical approach are exploding across the country in recent years. Some focus on interval training, others on yoga or Pilates, stationary bicycles (spin) or any number of other trainings.
Growing Working Age Population
- Over the coming decade, with trend to have ripped and lean body among youngsters will drive the market of fitness equipment in the country along with accompaniment of rapid urbanization and rising disposable income.
3. The Egyptian government’s strategic initiatives placed health as a national priority and focused on the right to access quality healthcare & fitness services and…
Curious to discover the regulation & compliance landscape of Egypt? Click here to download a free sample report
- Government of UAE aims to increase community awareness about the importance of physical activity and boost community’s capability to adopt healthy lifestyles, create a supportive healthcare environment.
- These initiatives also the encourage involvement of local communities and civil society organizations in the promotion of health awareness programs.
Universal Health Law
- On Januray 2018, Universal Health Insurance Law was promulgated as a part of goverment attempts to reform and restructure the healthcare sector.
Overall Focus on Well-Being
- In November 2019, President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi's mandate included launching the Universal Health Insurance (UHI) system. It covered, at its first stage, 3.7 million citizens
Promoting Healthy Lifestyle
- This is demonstrated by the various initiatives undertaken by the Egypt government and regularly conducted fitness events to raise awareness about how healthy lifestyles should become a way of life.
- Post Covid Egyptian Government stemming from its strong belief that primary healthcare is an essential human right, a new phase of comprehensive health coverage is being rolled out for all Egyptians.
3.1 …initiated various campaigns to encourage people in taking up fitness & physical activities on a daily basis to accelerate this booming industry
National Women’s Sports Day
- National Women’s Sports Day in Egypt is celebrated on 26th March with the aim of celebrating female athletes and sports women in the country.
- This facilitates a sports marathon entitled “Sports for Development and Support for Girls” to support the growing female athletes & the participants in the Olympic competitions
Egypt Vision 2030
- Under Vision 2030 initiative, the government aims to diversify its economy so as to reduce dependence on the oil and natural gas sector.
- One of the main aim of the initiative is to increase employment rate of Egypt citizens across sporting, physical, and fitness industries among others.
“Your Bike, Your Health” Campaign
- The initiative aims to encourage youths to use bikes as economic means of transport and do sports as daily life activities to improve the lifestyle and fitness of Egyptian citizens and change commuting habits.
- The initiative has received widespread approval and acceptance across Egypt, especially young people.
100 Million Health
- The Presidential Child’s Health Support Program launched under 100 million Health initiative aims to help children by early detection of chronic diseases such as obesity, diabetes etc.
- The Presidential Women’s Health Support Program launched under 100 million Health initiative tested 692,109 women’s for overall fitness in 2020.
5. User preferences on location & type of services offered are the key factors that influence this market’s growth which looks very prospective
Gym Joining Decision Making Parameter for Fitness Centres
Want to discuss the future outlook of the market with our Consultants? Book a discovery call now
Initiatives taken by Fitness Centres to increase Participation
- Offering programs that are relevant to women and to millennial such as Ladies only Fitness Centres or separate timings for ladies in a unisex gym to encourage women participation
- Building Bigger Group fitness studios to encourage participants:
- Large room
- Energy of a big group
- Exercise style/structure/method instructor
- Convenient schedule times
- Offering pay per class model to provide flexibility and convenience and encourage participation in all age groups.
- Providing Digital Fitness and Live Online Workouts to encourage fitness participation without the need of stepping out at home
- Promoting different aspects to users or considerers with focus on ambience, music, quality and providing additional utilities such as In-house Dieticians/Nutritionists