PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report-Nigeria
Agriculture sector contributed 21.1% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by Mining, manufacturing and utilities, and Wholesale, retail and hotels which contributed 19.6% each. According to GlobalData estimates, the three sectors are expected to grow by 15.4%, 15.4% and 16.5% respectively in 2018.
North west, south west and north central Nigeria are the major regions of Nigeria which account for around 60.2% of the total population of Nigeria.
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Nigeria has deteriorated over the last two years with decline in rank from 75th in 2014 to 90th out of 160 countries in 2016
- In 2017, The Federal Executive Council of Nigeria approved tax relief for road construction investors
- Nigeria received majority of inward FDI towards oil and gas sector in 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country's snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies' presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 02
List of Exhibits 03
Did you Know? 04
Country Highlights 05
Country Snapshot 07
PESTLE Insights 20
Political Landscape 21
Economic Landscape 22
Social Landscape 29
Technological Landscape 32
Legal Landscape 35
Environmental Landscape 36
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Nigeria's Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Middle East and Africa and the World 11
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index 12
Exhibit 4: NSE Index 14
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows (2013-2017) and Greenfield Investment Project (2014-2016) 16
Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators 19
Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 23
Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017) 23
Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance 24
Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance 24
Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017 25
Exhibit 13: Mineral Fuels, Mineral Oils and Products of their Distillation;, % of World Total, 2017 25
Exhibit 14: Interest Rates 27
Exhibit 15: Exchange Rate 27
Exhibit 16: Public Finance 28
Exhibit 17: General Government Debt 28
Exhibit 18: Employment/Unemployment 30
Exhibit 19: Monthly Minimum Wages 30
Exhibit 20: Labor Force Participation Rate 30
Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population 31
Exhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total Population 31
Exhibit 23: Gender Split 31
Exhibit 24: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016 33
Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015 34
Exhibit 26: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports) 34
Exhibit 27: Doing Business in Nigeria 2018 35
Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017 35
Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions 36
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Nigeria, investments, elections, FDI, PESTLE, sectors, GlobalData Country Risk Index, economic growth, technology, corruption, doing business
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"