Payments Landscape in Israel: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
GlobalData's Payments Landscape in Israel: Opportunities and Risks to 2021, report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Israeli cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including payment cards, credit transfers, direct debit, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017e-21f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalData's research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Israeli cards and payments industry, including-
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Israeli cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debit, payment cards, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Israeli cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- To encourage card acceptance among merchants, the Bank of Israel has been cutting interchange fee rates. It reduced the cap on debit card interchange fees from 0.7% to 0.3% effective from April 2016. In January 2018 it confirmed future rate reductions. The debit card interchange fee will be reduced in a phased manner to reach 0.25% by 2023, while charge card interchange fees will be reduced from 0.7% to 0.5% by 2023.
- To promote credit cards and bring more competition and investment into the market, Strum Law was passed in January 2017. The law obligates the country's two largest banks, Bank Leumi and Bank Hapoalim, to divest their credit card businesses, Leumi Card and Isracard respectively, by the end of January 2020. The law also prohibits domestic banks and non-bank companies from purchasing the divested card businesses, thus paving the way for foreign companies to enter the Israeli pay-later market.
- In order to reduce cash dependency in the country, the Israeli government is imposing restrictions on cash transactions between both individuals and businesses. Effective from January 2019, cash transactions will be restricted to ILS11,000 (USD3,159.10) for business deals and ILS50,000 (USD14,359.57) between individuals. The government plans to reduce the limit to ILS6,000 (USD1,723.15) for businesses and ILS15,000 (USD4,307.87) for individuals by 2020. The Bank of Israel will also impose restrictions on cheques to ILS10,000 (USD2,871.91) effective from July 2019.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Israeli cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Israeli cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Israeli cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Israel.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Israeli cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"