Challenges in Immuno-oncology (I-O): Future Use, Trial Design and Combination Strategies
Immuno-oncology (I-O) is the treatment of cancer with immunotherapy, by using therapies to stimulate or suppress the body's own immune system to fight cancer. Several distinct modalities of immunotherapy exist, including cytokines, vaccines, viruses, adoptive cell transfer, and checkpoint blockade using monoclonal antibodies.
This report provides an assessment of the current status and future challenges of immuno-oncology across many indications. Overall, GlobalData expects innovative trial design and new combination drug approvals to drive immuno-oncology market growth.
This report combines primary research with a cross-specialty I-O KOL panel with in-house analyst expertise to provide an assessment of the marketplace. Components of the slide deck include -
- Primary research with 20 US- and EU-based KOLs, from eight cancer specialties - breast, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, head & neck, lung, melanoma, sarcoma and hematology
- Charts summarizing KOL's opinions and identifying response patterns
- Call-outs of key information and details
- KOL quotes
- Insight from GlobalData's specialist oncology analysts
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of the potential of novel agents across tumor specialties by mechanism of action.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global immuno-oncology market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative strategies and trial designs likely to impact the global immuno-oncology market in the future.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by understanding the immunotherapy combination approaches across indications that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
1 Table of Contents
1.1 Related Reports 3
1.2 Upcoming Related Reports 4
2. Executive Summary 8
2.1 KOL Insight 6
2.2 GlobalData Insight 10
3. Research Panel Composition 14
3.1 5EU 15
3.2 US 16
4. Results and Implications 17
4.1 Future Use of Immunotherapy 18
4.1.1 Patterns in Unmet Needs 19
4.1.2 Clinical Potential of I-O in Oncology 22
4.1.3 Optimal Place for I-O in Treatment Algorithms 24
4.2 Challenges in I-O Trial Design 26
4.2.1 Predictive Biomarkers 30
4.2.2 Clinically Relevant Endpoints 35
4.2.3 Study Recruitment 38
4.2.4 Single-Arm Studies for Regulatory Approval 40
4.3 I-O Approaches and Combination Strategies 44
4.3.1 Potential of I-O Combinations 45
4.3.2 Potential of Novel Agents by Mechanism of Action 51
5. Appendix 54
5.1 Methodology 55
5.2 About the Authors 56
5.3 About GlobalData 58
5.4 Contact Us 59
5.5 Disclaimer 60
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"