Challenges in Immuno-oncology (I-O): Future Use, Trial Design and Combination Strategies
Immuno-oncology (I-O) is the treatment of cancer with immunotherapy, by using therapies to stimulate or suppress the body's own immune system to fight cancer. Several distinct modalities of immunotherapy exist, including cytokines, vaccines, viruses, adoptive cell transfer, and checkpoint blockade using monoclonal antibodies.
This report provides an assessment of the current status and future challenges of immuno-oncology across many indications. Overall, GlobalData expects innovative trial design and new combination drug approvals to drive immuno-oncology market growth.
This report combines primary research with a cross-specialty I-O KOL panel with in-house analyst expertise to provide an assessment of the marketplace. Components of the slide deck include -
- Primary research with 20 US- and EU-based KOLs, from eight cancer specialties - breast, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, head & neck, lung, melanoma, sarcoma and hematology
- Charts summarizing KOL's opinions and identifying response patterns
- Call-outs of key information and details
- KOL quotes
- Insight from GlobalData's specialist oncology analysts
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of the potential of novel agents across tumor specialties by mechanism of action.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global immuno-oncology market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative strategies and trial designs likely to impact the global immuno-oncology market in the future.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by understanding the immunotherapy combination approaches across indications that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
1 Table of Contents
1.1 Related Reports 3
1.2 Upcoming Related Reports 4
2. Executive Summary 8
2.1 KOL Insight 6
2.2 GlobalData Insight 10
3. Research Panel Composition 14
3.1 5EU 15
3.2 US 16
4. Results and Implications 17
4.1 Future Use of Immunotherapy 18
4.1.1 Patterns in Unmet Needs 19
4.1.2 Clinical Potential of I-O in Oncology 22
4.1.3 Optimal Place for I-O in Treatment Algorithms 24
4.2 Challenges in I-O Trial Design 26
4.2.1 Predictive Biomarkers 30
4.2.2 Clinically Relevant Endpoints 35
4.2.3 Study Recruitment 38
4.2.4 Single-Arm Studies for Regulatory Approval 40
4.3 I-O Approaches and Combination Strategies 44
4.3.1 Potential of I-O Combinations 45
4.3.2 Potential of Novel Agents by Mechanism of Action 51
5. Appendix 54
5.1 Methodology 55
5.2 About the Authors 56
5.3 About GlobalData 58
5.4 Contact Us 59
5.5 Disclaimer 60
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"