Brazil Whey Protein Market Outlook to 2028
Segmented by Type (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate and Hydrolyzed Whey Protein), By Application (Sports and Performance Nutrition, Infant Formula and Functional/Fortified Food), and By Region (North, East, West, and South)
About the Report
About the Report
The Brazil Whey Protein Market is the largest whey protein market in South America with more than half the market share. The Brazil whey protein market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8% in the forecasted period of 2022-2028. The Brazil whey protein market is driven by variables like rising health and fitness awareness, health benefits, an increasing number of fitness centers, changing lifestyles, and sports nutrition. The growth of e-commerce and online platforms has also impacted the Brazil Whey Protein Market significantly.
The Brazil Whey Protein market has enhanced in the region owing to growing Western influence that has resulted in high demand for food and beverages. The market is also transforming due to the growing health club industry in the country. In 2015, 4% Brazilian population become active members of fitness centers. Owing to the increasing gym culture in the region the demand for whey proteins automatically surged in the country. 74% of the sports nutrition market in Brazil is owned by whey proteins owing to their health benefits.
The Brazil Whey Protein market is highly competitive and filled with major national and international players. Arla Foods Ingredients, Carbery Group, Fonterra Co-Operative Group, Hilmar Ingredients, Friesland Campina, Agropur MSI LLC, Champignon-Hofmeister Group, DMK Group, Glanbia Plc, Lactalis and Leprino Foods are some of the major players of Brazil Whey Protein market.The market is expected to witness various new startups as the market is growing significantly. Major producers of whey protein in Brazil are planning to add ingredients of whey proteins in different food and drinks to match up with the growing demand for whey protein in the country. The market producers are receiving a push from personal trainers and gym professionals to bring variety in products of whey protein.
Brazil Whey Protein Market Analysis
- The Brazil whey protein market is driven by various factors such as rising health and fitness awareness, health benefits, an increasing number of fitness centers, changing lifestyles, growth of e-commerce platforms & online platforms, increasing purchasing power of customers, and sports nutrition.
- The market for whey protein is generally high because of the growing influence of the health industry in the region. This increases the demand for the sports nutrition industry in the country. Among all sports nutrition, whey proteins hold 74% of the market share, which shows how the growth of the health industry also increases the demand for whey proteins in the country.
- The market is expected to grow impactfully in the next few years as the market for sports nutrition is projected to grow at 9% yearly. Additionally, the market is also hugely influenced by trainer guidance. Trainers vary customers from consuming unhealthy products and push them to high-protein food products like whey protein.
- The market offers different whey protein products but whey protein concentrate is dominating the whole whey protein market. This product is considered the most efficient and economical form of protein for humans to consume and digest.
Key Trends by Market Segment:
By Product Type: The Brazil whey protein market is segmented into three main types by product type: Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate and Hydrolyzed Whey Protein. Out of all three-product type whey protein Concentrate is dominating the whole whey protein market and covers more than half of the market share.The reason behind their dominance is that whey protein concentrate is considered the most efficient and economical type of protein product for humans to digest and use. This product is not heated instead concentrates are micro-filtered so that they can produce ultra-pure protein. This powder mixes easily and gives the perfect protein shake to consumers. This whey protein type is famous among fitness enthusiasts as it is very cheap and can be used as a general body supplement.
By Application: The Brazilian whey market is categorized into two main categories on the bases of application: Sports and Performance Nutrition, Infant Formula and Functional/Fortified Food. Sports and performance nutrition are dominating the Brazilian whey protein market.This segment is leading the market because sports and performance nutrition focuses on people involved in sports, fitness, and athletics. Whey protein products are very popular among these individuals as these products are easy to digest and provide high-quality protein. Individuals can muscle repair and gain support through whey protein products.
By type of Geography:The Brazilian whey protein market is divided into four main regions North, South, East, and West. The southern part of the country is the most dominating region in the whey protein market. southern Cities like Parana, Santa Catarina, and Rio Grande do Sul are the hub for the whey protein market in the country.The southern region has huge availability of raw materials for whey protein ingredients for manufacturing and has more proximity to dairy farms. Further, the region also drives the whey protein market because there is a high awareness of health and wellness trends among people. This leads to a high demand for way protein products in the region. Cities like Bahia, Pernambuco, and Ceara also have a significant presence of whey protein products.
The Brazilian whey protein market is highly competitive and filled with several players. Various national as well as international companies are operating in this market. Arla Foods Ingredients, Carbery Group, Fonterra Co-Operative Group, Hilmar Ingredients, Friesland Campina, Agropur MSI LLC, Champignon-Hofmeister Group, DMK Group, Glanbia Plc, Lactalis and Leprino Foods are some of the major players of Brazil Whey Protein market. The market is projected to become more dynamic and competitive with the arrival of new entrants in the next few years.Apart from the whey protein manufacturers other food and beverages companies are also entering the protein product business as the demand for whey protein products is continue to rise in the country owing to different variables. This step has made the competition more intense among the players and opened a lot of options for the customers.
- The Brazil whey protein market has transformed significantly in recent years owing to different factors impacting the market. The growing number of health clubs and fitness centres has contributed immensely to the growth of the whey protein market in Brazil. The country has 31000 health clubs across the country and this is the second highest in the whole world. This sudden growth in fitness mindset in the country has increased the demand for whey protein products in the county.
- Recently, Arla Foods Ingredients, one of the largest manufacturers of whey protein in Brazil has announced that the company’s products are 100% whey-based and has planned to offer protein products with different varieties of taste in the coming years. The company will use Lactose-free ingredients to make protein beverages.
- The influence of whey protein is such in Brazil that around the market is adding 4% of new customers every year. The market is witnessing 30% growth in the natural channel and around 60% growth in conventional channels year-on-year.
- The market is expected to receive investment from foreign players as the industry is growing at a very good rate. However, there are a few restrains to the market also like well-being and safety issues, administrative issues and encouraging accreditations.
The Brazil Whey Protein Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12 % from 2022 to 2028 driven by variables such as rising health and fitness awareness, health benefits, an increasing number of fitness centres, changing lifestyles, growth of e-commerce platforms & online platforms, increasing purchasing power of customers, and sports nutrition.
- The Brazil whey protein market is all set to dominate the world whey market with an expected CAGR of 12% in the next five years. The market is expected to grow in terms of size as well as products. The whey protein manufacturers will also focus on making plant-based and organic whey protein products.
- Whey protein producers will focus on providing innovative products which are convenient and appealing to the public. Companies can produce products like drink shakes, protein bars, and snacks. This will enable the consumers to include whey protein in their daily diet.
- The development of e-commerce and the Online sector will play a crucial role in the future of this market in Brazil. As most the consumers prefer convenience of purchasing items direct from their homes without putting much effort. E-commerce growth will enable producers to sell their products beyond national boundaries.
Scope Of The Report
Scope of the Report
Brazil Whey Protein Market Segmentation
By Type of Products
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report:
- Potential Market Entrants
- Whey protein Companies
- Market Researchers and Analysts
- Distributors and suppliers
- Food & Beverages companies
- Potential Investors
- Industry Associations
- Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities
Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period: 2017-2022
- Base Year: 2022
- Forecast Period: 2022-2028
Major Players Mentioned in the Report:
- Arla Foods Ingredients
- Carbery Group, Fonterra
- Co-Operative Group
- Hilmar Ingredients
- Friesland Campina
- Agropur MSI LLC
- Champignon-Hofmeister Group
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Brazil Whey Protein Market Overview
2.1 Taxonomy of the Market
2.2 Industry Value Chain
2.4 Government Regulations/Initiatives for the Market
2.5 Growth Drivers of the Brazil Whey Protein Market
2.6 Issues and Challenges of the Brazil Whey Protein Market
2.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the Brazil Whey Protein Market
2.8 SWOT Analysis
3. Brazil Whey Protein Market Size, 2017 – 2022
4. Brazil Whey Protein Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type, 2017 - 2022
4.2 By Application 2017 - 2022
4.3 By Regional Split (North/East/West/South), 2017 - 2022
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Arla Foods Ingredients
5.3.2 Carbery Group, Fonterra
5.3.3 Co-Operative Group
5.3.4 Hilmar Ingredients
5.3.5 Friesland Campina
5.3.6 Agropur MSI LLC
5.3.7 Champignon-Hofmeister Group
6. Brazil Whey Protein Market Size, 2022 – 2028
7. Brazil Whey Protein Future Market Segmentation
7.1 By Product Type, 2022 - 2028
7.2 By Application 2022 - 2028
7.3 By Regional Split (North/East/West/South), 2022 - 2028
8. Analyst Recommendations
9. Research Methodology
11. Contact Us
Step:1 Identifying Key Variables: Ecosystem creation for all the major entities and referring to multiple secondary and proprietary databases to perform desk research around the market to collate industry-level information.
Step:2 Market Building: Collating statistics on the whey protein market over the years, penetration of marketplaces, and service providers ratio to compute revenue generated for the micro-lending products. We will also review product quality statistics to understand the revenue generated which can ensure accuracy behind the data points shared.
Step:3 Validating and Finalizing: Building market hypotheses and conducting CATIs with industry experts belonging to different companies to validate statistics and seek operational and financial information from company representatives.
Step:4 Research output: Our team has approached multiple whey protein providing channels and understanding the nature of product segments and sales, consumer preference, and other parameters, which supported us validate statistics derived through the bottom-to-top approach from whey protein providers.
For any queries related to research methodology, click here to schedule a call with our analysts
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How big is the whey protein market in brazil?
The Brazil Whey Protein Market is expected to witness a CAGR of ~12 % during forecasted period.
Who are major players in brazil whey protein market?
Carbery Group, Arla Foods Ingredients and Fonterra Co-Operative Group are the major players in brazil whey protein market.
what are the factors driving brazil whey protein market?
Rising health awareness, fitness trends, online shopping, changing lifestyles, and sports nutrition are the key factors in Brazil's whey protein market.
What drives the Brazil Whey Protein market?
Fitness trends, growing health consciousness, and sports nutrition contribute.
What Are the regulatory challenges in the Brazil Whey Protein market?
Yes, the market faces regulatory and labeling requirements from ANVISA (Brazil's health agency).
Pre-book this report and get huge discount
Why Buy From US?
What makes us stand out is that our consultants follows Robust, Refine and Result (RRR) methodology. i.e. Robust for clear definitions, approaches and sanity checking, Refine for differentiating respondents facts and opinions and Result for presenting data with story
We have set a benchmark in the industry by offering our clients with syndicated and customized market research reports featuring coverage of entire market as well as meticulous research and analyst insights.
While we don't replace traditional research, we flip the method upside down. Our dual approach of Top Bottom & Bottom Top ensures quality deliverable by not just verifying company fundamentals but also looking at the sector and macroeconomic factors.
With one step in the future, our research team constantly tries to show you the bigger picture. We help with some of the tough questions you may encounter along the way: How is the industry positioned? Best marketing channel? KPI's of competitors? By aligning every element, we help maximize success.
Our report gives you instant access to the answers and sources that other companies might choose to hide. We elaborate each steps of research methodology we have used and showcase you the sample size to earn your trust.
If you need any support, we are here! We pride ourselves on universe strength, data quality, and quick, friendly, and professional service.