US Powered Surgical Instrument Market Outlook to 2028
Driven by introduction of robot-assisted surgical procedures, growth in geriatric population in America, and growing prevalence of lifestyle diseases
About the Report
About the Report
US Powered surgical instrument market is the largest market of this segment worldwide and is currently holding almost half of the market share. Major growth drivers of this market are the introduction of robot-assisted surgical procedures, growth in the geriatric population in America, and the growing prevalence of lifestyle diseases. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.0% in the forecast period due to different factors affecting the industry.
America is the market leader in Powered surgical instruments due to its world-class medical facilities and positive environment for powered surgical instruments manufacturers to set up their plants in the country. That’s the reason major brands of powered surgical instruments are located in America making it the biggest producer of surgical instruments in the world. Marker leaders like Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, and Boston Scientific are helping America to become a hub for the Powered surgical instruments market worldwide.
US Powered surgical instruments market is highly competitive with the presence of both domestic and international players. Companies like Johnson and Johnson, Medtronic, stryker and Boston Scientific are the players with the significant shares in the market.
All theplayers are focusing on innovation and differentiation of products. Players that offer innovative and differentiated powered surgical instruments are likely to stand out in the industry and attract more customers. Developing and creating unique features, enhanced usability, and better safety measures can create a competitive edge for a company in the market. Players are also giving importance to technological advancements as surgical equipment with latest technology are mor likely to attract medical professionals who are seeking for cutting-edge tools.
US Powered Surgical Instruments Market Analysis
- America is the world’s largest producer of Powered surgical instruments with almost half of the market share. Alongside the market leader in the Powered surgical instruments market, America is also home to all the market leaders that produce high-quality Powered surgical instruments.
- In 2022, America was the number one country in exports of powered surgical instruments products worldwide. America has the highest export of around $6 Mn. America mostly exports its products to developing countries of the world that are not self-sufficient to produce powered surgical instruments.
- Emergence of developing technologies has also impacted the powered surgical instruments market of the US significantly. Manufacturers of powered surgical instruments are now involving robots and artificial intelligence in the making of surgical instruments.
- Market leaders like Johnson & Johnson and Medtronic are leading the way in the development and adoption of surgical robots and care robots. They are planning to adopt AI to further boost the market of powered surgical instruments.
Key Trends by Market Segment:
By Product Type: On the bases of product type US powered surgical instruments are segmented into four major types: Surgical sutures & staplers, Handheld Instruments, Electrosurgical devices, and Monitoring devices. Surgical sutures & staplers have the highest market share while Monitoring devices have the lowest.
Surgical sutures are dominating the market because these products are very crucial in various surgical procedures to promote healing and reduce the danger of infection. These products find applications across the globe from different medical specialties such as general surgery, gynecology, cardiovascular surgery, and more.
By Type of Application: TheUS Powered Surgical Instruments is divided into five major categories. Orthopedic, Dental, Neurosurgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, and others. Orthopedic surgeries cover the biggest share of the market followed up by Dental, Neurosurgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, and others.
Orthopedic surgeries are the most dominant type because the demand for powered instruments in orthopedics is driven by the increasing predominance of musculoskeletal conditions and the crave for minimally intrusive procedures. Powered surgical instruments are very crucial for in orthopedic surgeries such as joint replacements, fracture repairs, spinal surgeries, and reshaping bones to reduce pain and for functional restoration.
By Geography: The US Powered Surgical Instruments market is mainly distinguished into four parts: North, South, East, and West. The north region is having the largest share while the South region has the lowest. In 2022, the northern region with the maximum number of surgical instrument plants in America holds the biggest share of the market. This region includes areas such as New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and others. Prestigious healthcare infrastructure and research institutions are driving the demand for surgical instruments.
The south region is also regarded as the top location for the powered Surgical Instruments market as it has major renowned medical centers located in many states.Centers of medical excellence like Boston, New York City, and the solid healthcare framework in this locale impact the market. Proximity to major research institutions and academic medical centers cultivates the selection of advanced surgical innovations. Cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle are key markets due to their noticeable healthcare institutions and innovation hubs. High-tech and inventive medical facilities on the West Coast drive the selection of cutting-edge surgical instruments.
The US Powered Surgical Instruments is highly competitive and filled with several players. Both national and international companies are operating in this market. Companies like Johnson & Johnson., B. Braun Melsungen Ag., Stryker Corporation., Medtronic PLC., Smith & Nephew., Zimmer Biomet., ConMed., Ethicon US, LLC, and Desoutter Medical Ltd are active in the US Powered Surgical Instruments. The major market share of this particular industry is covered by top players like Johnson & Johnson., B. Braun Melsungen Ag., and Stryker Corporation.
The market is projected to become more competitive with the entrance of new companies. Additionally, every firm is investing aggressively in the R &D department to discover new technology, this race of innovation and development helps the market to offer something new and unique to customers.
- In recent years, the US power surgical instrument market has developed significantly in terms of innovation and technology. The selection of remote and robotic-assisted surgeries has driven the improvement of new instruments and innovations to back these procedures. Developments in materials and designs that prioritize patient security and infection control have picked up significance, particularly in light of the COVID-19 widespread.
- Advancement in terms of US-powered surgical instruments technologies has made the process and work of medical professionals. like retracting and dilating tools are now being used to pull and open incisions and wounds instead of fingers.
- Companies are centering on giving training and educational resources to healthcare experts to guarantee secure and viable utilization of powered surgical instruments. This has enabled the companies making powered surgical instruments to make full utilization of their instruments in the market.
- US powered surgical instruments companies are focusing on the sustainability of powered surgical instruments like most companies are now replacing the used material with energy efficiency and eco-friendly.
The US Powered surgical instruments market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.0% from 2022 to 2028 with an introduction of robot-assisted surgical procedures, growth in the geriatric population in America, and the growing prevalence of lifestyle diseases.
- The trend toward minimally invasive surgeries is anticipated to continue, driving the demand for powered surgical instruments that encourage these strategies with smaller incisions, diminished patient trauma, and faster recovery times.
- The adoption of remote surgery and robotic-assisted strategies will end up more noticeable. Specialists might utilize advanced robotic frameworks to perform surgeries from a remote area, improving accuracy and growing access to specialized care.
- Powered surgical instruments will become more interconnected, permitting consistent integration with electronic health records, real-time data sharing, and improved decision-making amid surgeries.
- As patient safety remains a top priority, fueled surgical instruments may proceed to advance with highlights that prioritize disease control and minimize the chance of complications.
Scope Of The Report
Scope of the Report
US Powered Surgical Instruments Market Segmentation
By Type of Products
· Surgical Sutures & Staplers
· Handheld Instruments
· Electrosurgical Devices
· Monitoring Devices
By Type of Application
· Cardiothoracic Surgery
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report:
- Potential Market Entrants
- Powered Surgical Instruments Companies
- Market Researchers and Analysts
- Distributors and suppliers
- E-commerce companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Potential Investors
- Industry Associations
- Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities
Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period: 2017-2022
- Base Year: 2022
- Forecast Period: 2022-2028
Major Players Mentioned in the Report:
- Johnson & Johnson.
- Braun Melsungen Ag.
- Stryker Corporation.
- Medtronic PLC.
- Smith & Nephew.
- Zimmer Biomet.
- Smith & Nephew
- Ethicon US, LLC
- Desoutter Medical Ltd
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. US Powered Surgical Instruments Market Overview
2.1 Taxonomy of US Powered Surgical Instruments Market
2.2 Industry Value Chain
2.4 Government Regulations/Initiatives for the Market
2.5 Growth Drivers of the US Powered Surgical Instruments Market
2.6 Issues and Challenges of the US Powered Surgical Instruments Market
2.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the US Powered Surgical Instruments Market
2.8 SWOT Analysis
3. US Powered Surgical Instruments Market Size, 2017 – 2022
4. US Powered Surgical Instruments Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type, 2017 - 2022
4.2 By Application, 2017 - 2022
4.3 By Regional Split (North/East/West/South), 2017 - 2022
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Johnson & Johnson.
5.3.2 B. Braun Melsungen Ag.
5.3.3 Stryker Corporation
5.3.4 Medtronic PLC.
5.3.5 Smith & Nephew.
5.3.6 Zimmer Biomet.
6. US Powered Surgical Instruments Market Size, 2022 – 2028
7. US Powered Surgical Instruments Market Segmentation
7.1 By Product Type, 2022 - 2028
7.2 By Application Type, 2022 - 2028
7.3 By Regional Split (North/East/West/South), 2022 - 2028
8. Analyst Recommendations
9. Research Methodology
11. Contact Us
Step 1: Identifying Key Variables: Ecosystem creation for all the major entities and referring to multiple secondary and proprietary databases to perform desk research around the market to collate industry-level information.
Step 2: Market Building: Collating statistics on the powered surgical instruments market over the years, penetration of marketplaces, and service providers ratio to compute revenue generated for the powered surgical instruments products. We will also review product quality statistics to understand the revenue generated which can ensure accuracy behind the data points shared.
Step 3: Validating and Finalizing: Building market hypotheses and conducting CATIs with industry experts belonging to different companies to validate statistics and seek operational and financial information from company representatives.
Step 4: Research output: Our team has approached multiple powered surgical instruments companies providing channels and understanding the nature of product segments and sales, consumer preference, and other parameters, which supported us validate statistics derived through the bottom-to-top approach from powered surgical instruments providers.
For any queries related to research methodology, click here to schedule a call with our analysts
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How big is the USA Surgical Equipments Market?
USA Surgical Equipments Market was valued at USD 14 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 26 Billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 8% over the forecast period.
Who are the leaders in the US surgical instruments market?
The Medtronic plc (Ireland), Johnson & Johnson (US), Stryker Corporation (US), Abbott Laboratories, Inc. (US), and Boston Scientific Corporation (US) are the market leaders in the US surgical instrument market.
What is the Future Growth Rate of the US Powered Surgical Instruments Market?
The US Powered Surgical Instruments Market is expected to witness a CAGR of ~8.0% over the next years.
What are the Key Factors Driving US powered surgical instruments Market?
“Robot-assisted surgical procedures, growth in geriatric population in America, and growing prevalence of lifestyle diseases”
Who are the Key Players in the US Powered Surgical Instruments Market?
Johnson & Johnson., B. Braun Melsungen Ag., Stryker Corporation., Medtronic PLC., Smith & Nephew., Zimmer Biomet., ConMed., Smith & Nephew, Ethicon US, LLC, and Desoutter Medical Ltd.
Pre-book this report and get huge discount
Why Buy From US?
What makes us stand out is that our consultants follows Robust, Refine and Result (RRR) methodology. i.e. Robust for clear definitions, approaches and sanity checking, Refine for differentiating respondents facts and opinions and Result for presenting data with story
We have set a benchmark in the industry by offering our clients with syndicated and customized market research reports featuring coverage of entire market as well as meticulous research and analyst insights.
While we don't replace traditional research, we flip the method upside down. Our dual approach of Top Bottom & Bottom Top ensures quality deliverable by not just verifying company fundamentals but also looking at the sector and macroeconomic factors.
With one step in the future, our research team constantly tries to show you the bigger picture. We help with some of the tough questions you may encounter along the way: How is the industry positioned? Best marketing channel? KPI's of competitors? By aligning every element, we help maximize success.
Our report gives you instant access to the answers and sources that other companies might choose to hide. We elaborate each steps of research methodology we have used and showcase you the sample size to earn your trust.
If you need any support, we are here! We pride ourselves on universe strength, data quality, and quick, friendly, and professional service.