Cloud Computing in Latin America: Market Opportunity and Competitive Analysis
"Cloud Computing in Latin America: Market Opportunity and Competitive Analysis", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the cloud computing market in Latin America. It delivers deep qualitative insight into the cloud market in the region, analyzing key trends on telcos' cloud offers, business models to foster their position in the cloud space and case studies.
Driven by an increasing migration of enterprises to the hybrid cloud IaaS business model, and the growing adoption of IaaS solutions by small and medium businesses, the infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) market in Latin America will grow at a 24.3% CAGR from 2017 to 2023, reaching approximately USD 4bn by the end of the forecast period.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Section 1: Taxonomy and market context; a look at the cloud computing definition and an adoption framework. This section details the cloud computing market context in Latin America, the cloud portfolio of select telcos in the region.
- Section 2: Cloud Computing Market Opportunity in Latin America; an analysis on the cloud computing market sizing and forecast by type cloud segment and competitive analysis.
- Section 3: Case studies; two case studies of leading cloud computing service providers in Latin America are presented in this section, showcasing their growth strategy in the region.
- Section 4: Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for telecom operators.
- The platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) segment is the fastest growing market in the region with a CAGR of 30.7% from 2018 to 2023.
- With the growing adoption of IoT in mission critical business processes, the need to perform analysis of the data at the edge of the network is set to gain momentum.
- In 2017, the group composed by IBM, AWS, Microsoft and Google had a combined market share of over 55%.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a five-year forecast of enterprise cloud computing services markets, developed using GlobalData's rigorous bottom-up modeling methodologies, to enable executives to effectively position their companies for growth opportunities and emerging trends in demand for their products.
- Two case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the cloud computing market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the cloud computing market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for telecom operators.
- With more than ten charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the cloud computing market, analyzing key trends on telcos' cloud offers, business models to foster their position in the cloud space and case studies.
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 5
Section 1: Taxonomy and Market Context 6
Enterprise cloud computing services definition 7
Cloud services market context and portfolio 8
Section 2: Cloud Computing Market Opportunity in Latin America 9
Cloud computing market forecast 10
Competitive analysis 12
Section 3: Case Studies 14
Microsoft in Latin America 15
AWS in Latin America 16
Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations 17
Companies mentioned 20
Acronyms and definitions 21
About the authors 22
Related research 23
Contact information 24
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Simplified enterprise cloud computing adoption framework 7
Exhibit 2: Enterprise services framework and the role of the telco 8
Exhibit 3: Total cloud computing revenue by cloud category, 2016-2023 (USD billions) 10
Exhibit 4: Cloud computing revenue mix, Latin America, 2017 11
Exhibit 5: Cloud computing revenue mix, Latin America, 2023 11
Exhibit 6: Cloud computing revenue market share, Latin America, 2017 12
Exhibit 7: Key events in the cloud computing market, Latin America 13
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Latin America, cloud computing, infrastructure-as-a-service, IaaS, software-as-a-service, SaaS, platform-as-a-service, PaaS, AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM, Google
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"