Payments Landscape in Peru: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
GlobalData's 'Payments Landscape in Peru: Opportunities and Risks to 2021' report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Peruvian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, direct debit, payment cards, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalData's research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Peruvian cards and payments industry, including-
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Peruvian cards and payments industry, including debit and credit cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debit, cheques, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Peruvian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit and credit cards.
- To offer faster and secure payments, Camara de Compensacion Electronica (CEE) introduced an instant payment service from July 2016. Using the service, transfers of up to PEN30,000 (USD9,202.28) in domestic currency and USD10,000 in foreign currency can be made within a maximum of 30 seconds. As of December 2016 BCP, BBVA Continental, and Scotiabank together accounted for 98% of the total number of instant transfers. In 2017 an average of 5,000 immediate payment transactions were made daily.
- In line with the government's financial inclusion program, the fully interoperable payment platform BiM mobile money was launched in February 2016. A collaboration between the government, financial institutions, and telcos, the service enables Peruvian residents with a mobile phone to open a bank account, transfer funds, and make utility payments. It can be accessed via any basic mobile phone. According to Peruvian Digital Payments (PDP), 400,000 Peruvians had used this service as of April 2017, with the adoption rate growing by 20,000 users every month. In January 2015, Mastercard and mobile operator Movistar launched a mobile money service called Tu Dinero Movil. The service is available to Movistar's more than 16 million customers, allowing them to conduct banking transactions such as fund transfers, purchases at Mastercard-affiliated establishments, and mobile recharges.
- To drive online purchases, e-commerce companies are launching online marketplaces. In April 2018 online shopping mall Lumingo was launched in Peru, offering a wide range of products and services, while in July 2016 e-mall Juntoz.com was launched. These e-malls act as a one-stop shop for hundreds of retailers and brands. This allows Peruvians to buy products such as groceries, furniture, clothing, fashion accessories, medicines, and electronic devices from various brands on a single website. To capitalize on e-commerce growth, payment solutions providers are launching their solutions in the country. Visa offers Visa Checkout, enabling shoppers to make convenient online payments via their username and password without the need to enter card details. Similarly, PayPal offers PayPal OneTouch for faster checkout.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Peruvian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Peruvian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Peruvian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Peru.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Peruvian cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Banco de Credito del Peru
The cards and payments industry in Peru, Financial cards, Debit cards, Credit cards, E-commerce, Alternative payments
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"