Payments Landscape in Switzerland: Opportunities and Risks to 2022
GlobalData's "Payments Landscape in Switzerland: Opportunities and Risks to 2022", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in Switzerland's cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques during the review-period (2014-18e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2018-22f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalData's research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into Switzerland's cards and payments industry, including-
- Current and forecast values for each market in Switzerland's cards and payments industry, including debit, credit and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Switzerland's cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
- To enhance the efficiency of the Swiss payment process and invoicing, all current Swiss payment slips will be replaced with a new QR-bill. The QR-bill shows the QR code with a Swiss cross as the identifying feature. This Swiss QR Code contains in digital form all the information necessary for payment. Using QR-bills, customers can make cashless payments using their TWINT wallet or via e-banking. The announcement was initially made in May 2017 by PaymentStandards.CH, accordingly to which Swiss financial institutions were required to complete their conversion by the end of 2017, and corporate customers by mid-2018. From January 2019 billers will be able to send out their first QR-bills, which are fully compliant with the regulatory requirements. The QR-bill will be introduced once billers have converted their systems to the ISO 20022 standard across Switzerland.
- Uptake of alternative payments among Swiss consumers is growing due to the availability of a number of solutions such as Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal, TWINT, and SwissWallet. Samsung Pay was launched in Switzerland in April 2017. The service allows owners of Samsung mobile phones to make in-store and online purchases. In Switzerland, Samsung Pay supports Visa, American Express, and Mastercard credit and prepaid cards issued by Bonuscard, Cornercard, Swiss Bankers, and Swisscard. Earlier in July 2016, Apple launched its mobile payment solution Apple Pay in Switzerland, allowing users to make online, in-app, and in-store purchases. To benefit from the trend, boon, a mobile payment solution offered by Germany-based payment solution provider Wirecard, was launched in Switzerland in partnership with Apple Pay in February 2017. The service allows users to make mobile payments at any contactless terminals that accept Mastercard-branded cards. Personal details and funds are protected by a PIN and password.
- The advent of mobile-only banks is likely to accelerate the shift towards electronic payments. In February 2018 Bank Cler launched a mobile-only banking app called Zak, allowing individuals to perform several transactions from account opening to online shopping. Upon opening a Zak account, a Maestro card and a credit card are offered free of charge. Hypothekarbank Lenzburg partnered with fintech start-up neon Switzerland in May 2018, and the bank is planning to launch a mobile-only banking app called neon this year. It is currently under trial phase, and individuals who sign up to use the app will receive a digital account at Hypothekarbank Lenzburg.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to Switzerland's cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in Switzerland's cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Switzerland's cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Switzerland.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Switzerland's cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Viseca card services
The cards and payments industry in Switzerland, Financial cards, Debit cards, Credit cards, Charge cards, E-commerce, Alternative payments
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"