Cybersecurity in Oil & Gas-Thematic Research
Industries are becoming more connected by the day, as technology integration becomes a necessity to survive rather than a path to success, with the majority of companies around the world steering their future strategies around digital transformation. The more connected an industry, the more intelligent operations and production becomes, leading to greater flexibility and communications. The more connected an industry, the more dependent it becomes on technology, and this connectivity may increase a companies' flexibility. However, this agility can stretch too far, opening the door to a host of threats.
The oil and gas (O&G) industry plays an important role as an industry due to its significant effect on global economies, meaning the cybersecurity threats facing the sector are of extreme importance. As with many other industries, there is a wide array of security threats that can result in damaging effects on operations and revenues. However, the O&G sector is also the target of terrorism, with threats and attacks leading to plant sabotage and shutdown.
- The report focuses on understanding the significance of cybersecurity for the oil and gas (O&G) industry.
- The report looks at the 14 most important cybersecurity technologies and concludes that the key ones in terms of driving the cybersecurity industry's revenues over the next two years are network security appliances, cloud security, and artificial intelligence (AI).
- The research also identifies the winners in these high-growth cyber technology cycles over the next two years.
Reasons to buy
- The report classifies the cybersecurity market into 14 critical technologies: unified threat management, AI, network security, security information and event management (SIEM), endpoint security, identity management, data security, application security, mobile security, email security, surveillance and behavioral analytics, cloud security, managed security services and post-breach consultancy services.
- It discusses the big players in the cybersecurity industry and where do they sit in the value chain.
- The report highlights the main trends in the cybersecurity industry over the next 12 to 24 months.
- It provides an industry analysis-cyber risks, the investment landscape, today's cybersecurity paradigm, regulation, mergers and acquisitions, and key milestones showing how the cybersecurity theme has developed over the last 40 years.
- The report also analyses the value chain and offers a technology briefing to highlight the best practice solutions followed.
Table of Contents
Changing nature of cyber threats 5
Evolution of cybersecurity technologies 6
Industry growth drivers 8
Corporate governance trends 9
Cybersecurity trends in oil & gas 10
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 12
Market size and growth forecasts 17
VALUE CHAIN 22
Network security 23
Unified threat management 23
Artificial Intelligence 24
Deception-based cyber defenses (subset of AI) 24
Behavioral analytics (subset of AI) 25
Endpoint security 26
Mobile security (subset of endpoint security) 26
Identity and access management 27
Data security 28
Application security 29
Email security 29
Cloud security 30
Managed security services 30
Post-breach consultancy services 31
COMPANIES SECTION 32
Public companies 32
Private companies 36
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 40
The NIST framework 40
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 45
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Check Point Software Technologies
Palo Alto Networks
Aker Security Solutions
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"