Global Confectionery Market to 2025 - A Deep Dive into Sector, Challenges and Future Outlook, Country and Regional Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Health & Wellness Analysis, Distribution Channels and Preferred Packaging Formats
About the Report
About the Report
Global Confectionery Market to 2025-A Deep Dive into Sector, Challenges and Future Outlook, Country and Regional Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Health & Wellness Analysis, Distribution Channels and Preferred Packaging Formats
The global Confectionery sector was valued at USD 191.4 billion in 2020 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 3.1% during 2020-2025 to reach USD 222.4 billion by 2025. The Americas represented the largest region for the global Confectionery sector, with a value share of 29.9% in 2020, followed by the Western Europe accounting for 28.2% and Asia-Pacific with 23.9%. Among all the regions, Eastern Europe and Western Europe are forecast to record the highest value CAGR of 3.5% each, during 2020-2025. Chocolate was the largest category, with a value share of 55.8%, followed by sugar confectionery (33.3%) and gum (10.9%) in 2020. Mars, Incorporated is the leading company with a value share of 14.8% in 2020, followed by Mondelez International, Inc, Nestle SA. The overall share of private label products stood at 4.1%. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel for confectionery globally, with a value share of 42.7% in 2020, followed by convenience stores with 25.7%. Hypermarkets & supermarkets' large share can be attributed to the developed organized retail industry in major countries.
Low/No sugar products are gaining traction among consumers owing to shift towards healthy lifestyle. The global challenge to this sector is the availability of raw materials due to the changing weather conditions and the rising sugar taxes imposed by governments to wean consumers off from sugary foods and drive an impetus toward healthier alternatives. The novel & experimental and personalization are the common trends among majority of the high-potential countries in the global confectionery sector.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the global confectionery sector. It includes analysis on the following-
- Sector Overview: Provides an overview of current sector scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging. The analysis also covers regional overview across five regions- Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Americas, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe- highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region
- High-Potential Countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of the top four high-potential countries in each region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country and Regional Analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of 10 high-potential countries covering value growth over 2020-2025, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends. It also includes regional analysis covering the future outlook for the region
- Competitive Landscape: Provides an overview of leading brands at a global and regional level, besides analyzing the product profile, country level presence, market share, and growth of private labels in each region
- Key Distribution Channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the global haircare sector in 2020. It covers: Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Food & drinks specialists, Department Stores, Convenience Stores, Dollar Stores, Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers, Cash & Carries & Warehouse Clubs, Drug stores & Pharmacies, eRetailers, Vending machines, and Others
- Preferred Packaging Formats*: The report provides percentage share (in 2020) and growth analysis (during 2015-2025) for various packaging materials, containers, closures, and outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of haircare products
- Provides an overview of current industry scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging.
- The analysis also covers regional overview across five regions-Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Americas, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe-highlighting industry size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the regions.
Reasons to Buy
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about the global confectionery industry across the five regions in value terms and the underlying factors that are driving the sales.
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the industry and to identify high-potential countries over the next 5 years.
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the mega trends that drive consumer choice and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored across the regions, resulting in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the industry at global and regional level with information about their sector share, business descriptions and product profiles.
The Hershey Co Mars Incorporated Mondelez International Inc Ferrero Nestle Perfetti Van Melle SpA Lotte Co. Ltd. Cloetta Ab Minoo industrial group Fujian Yake Food Co. Ltd. Lofthouse Of Fleetwood Ltd. Morinaga & Co. Ltd. Want Want China Holdings Limited Melville Candy Company Tootsie Roll Industries Inc
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Part 1: Sector Overview
Current scenario and future outlook
Global confectionery sector overview-what are the growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors?
Regional confectionery overview-what are the growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors?
Key challenges in the global confectionery sector
Part 2: Shift In Food Consumption Patterns
Change in consumption levels in the overall food industry, 2014-2024
Reasons for shift in consumption patterns
Part 3: Identifying High-Potential Countries
Analysis of 10 countries on the basis of risk-reward analysis (market assessment, economic development,
Socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
Part 4: Country Deep Analysis
High-potential country analysis
Part 5: Health & Wellness Analysis-Global and Regional Level
Value share analysis of health & wellness market
Health & wellness market growth analysis by region
Key product attributes
Key consumer benefits
Leading health & wellness companies by category
Part 6: Competitive Landscape
Leading companies by value-Global
Leading companies and brands share analysis-Global
Leading companies and brands share analysis by region
Part 7: Competitive Landscape-Market Analysis
Part 8: Market Share of Private Label
Private label share analysis by region
Private label share analysis by region
Part 9: Key Distribution Channels
Share of key distribution channels-global and regional level
Part 10: Key Packaging Formats
Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
List of Figure
List of Figures
Identifying High-Potential Countries, Risk-Reward Analysis-Asia-Pacific
Identifying High-Potential Countries, Risk-Reward Analysis-Middle East & Africa
Identifying High-Potential Countries, Risk-Reward Analysis-Americas
Identifying High-Potential Countries, Risk-Reward Analysis-Western Europe
Identifying High-Potential Countries, Risk-Reward Analysis-Eastern Europe
Company and Brand Share Analysis-Global
Company and Brand Share Analysis-Asia-Pacific
Company and Brand Share Analysis-Middle East & Africa
Company and Brand Share Analysis-America
Company and Brand Share Analysis-Western Europe
Company and Brand Share Analysis-Eastern Europe
Key Brands-Chocolate, 2020
Key Brands-Gum, 2020
Key Brands-Sugar Confectionery, 2020
Private Label Value and Share by Region, 2015-2020
Private Label Value Sales (USD Million) and Share (%) by Category, 2020
Leading Distribution Channels by Region (% Share by Value), 2020
List of Table
List of Tables
Key Markets by Value (USD Million), 2020 vs. 2025-Global
Key Markets by Value (USD Million), 2020 vs. 2025-Asia-Pacific
Key Markets by Value (USD Million), 2020 vs. 2025-Middle East & Africa
Key Markets by Value (USD Million), 2020 vs. 2025-Americas
Key Markets by Value (USD Million), 2020 vs. 2025-Western Europe
Key Markets by Value (USD Million), 2020 vs. 2025-Eastern Europe
South Africa-Category Share
Leading Confectionery Companies by Value-Global
Key Pack Material Volume Share (%), 2020
Annual Volume Growth by Pack Material (%), 2015-2025
Key Pack Type Volume Share (%), 2020
Annual Volume Growth by Pack Type (%), 2015-2025
Key Closure Type Volume Share (%), 2020
Annual Volume Growth by Closure Type (%), 2015-2025
Key Primary Outer Volume Share (%), 2020
Annual Volume Growth by Primary Outer (%), 2015-2025
Why Buy From US?
What makes us stand out is that our consultants follows Robust, Refine and Result (RRR) methodology. i.e. Robust for clear definitions, approaches and sanity checking, Refine for differentiating respondents facts and opinions and Result for presenting data with story
We have set a benchmark in the industry by offering our clients with syndicated and customized market research reports featuring coverage of entire market as well as meticulous research and analyst insights.
While we don't replace traditional research, we flip the method upside down. Our dual approach of Top Bottom & Bottom Top ensures quality deliverable by not just verifying company fundamentals but also looking at the sector and macroeconomic factors.
With one step in the future, our research team constantly tries to show you the bigger picture. We help with some of the tough questions you may encounter along the way: How is the industry positioned? Best marketing channel? KPI's of competitors? By aligning every element, we help maximize success.
Our report gives you instant access to the answers and sources that other companies might choose to hide. We elaborate each steps of research methodology we have used and showcase you the sample size to earn your trust.
If you need any support, we are here! We pride ourselves on universe strength, data quality, and quick, friendly, and professional service.