Cigarettes in Cuba, 2018
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Cigarettes in Cuba, 2018
"Cigarettes in Cuba, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Cuba.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, however tax increases has been driving up prices, and increased restrictions on public smoking. There are currently 2.92 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 1,327 pieces in 2017, compared with 1,070 pieces in 2000 and 1,506 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
- Market volume in 2017 was 14.6 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Cuban consumers consumed an average of 1,327 cigarettes in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change-favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 11
4. Manufacturers & Brands 14
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 19
5.1. Taxation 19
5.2. Retail Prices 19
6. The Smoking Population 22
7. Production & Trade 25
7.1. Production 25
7.2. Imports 27
7.3. Exports 29
8. Operating Constraints 31
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 31
8.2. Health Warnings 31
8.3. Other Restrictions 31
9. Company Profiles 32
10. Prospects & Forecasts 34
11. Appendix 36
11.1. What is this Report About? 36
11.2. Time Frame 36
11.3. Product Category Coverage 36
11.4. Methodology 37
11.5. About GlobalData 39
11.6. Disclaimer 40
11.7. Contact Us 41
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 37
Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance 39
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 7
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 9
Table 3: Cigarette Retail Sales, 2002-2016 10
Table 4: Domestic & Foreign Currency Sales, 2002-2016, Million Pieces 11
Table 5: Domestic Sales by Type: Dark v Blond, 2010-2016, Billion Pieces 12
Table 6: Total Sales by Type, Dark v Blond, 2006-2016, Million Pieces 12
Table 7: Total Sales by Type, Dark v Blond, 2002-2013, Percentage Share (%) 12
Table 8: Volume Sales by Price Segment, 2008 13
Table 9: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2017, Billion Pieces 16
Table 10: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2017, Percentage Shares (%) 17
Table 11: Retail Prices, 2008 20
Table 12: Development of Cigarette Prices, 1990-2010 21
Table 13: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 23
Table 14: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016 25
Table 15: Production Trends by Type of Cigarette, 2006-2016, Billion Pieces 26
Table 16: Cigarette Imports, 1998-2016 27
Table 17: Imports by Country of Origin, 2010-2016, Million Pieces 28
Table 17: Imports by Country of Origin, 2010-2016, % 28
Table 17: Cigarette Exports, 1998-2016 30
Table 18: Company Profile: Grupo Empresarial de Tabaco de Cuba (Tabacuba) 32
Table 19: Company Profile: Brascuba Cigarillos SA 33
Table 20: Consumption Forecasts to 2027 35
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Cigarettes, Cuba, consumption, pieces, production, market volume, imports, exports, per capita, forecast, retail distribution, taxation, smoking population
Grupo Empresarial de Tabaco de Cuba (Tabacuba)
Brascuba Cigarillos SA