Cigarettes in Laos, 2018
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Cigarettes in Laos, 2018
"Cigarettes in Laos, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Laos.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, smoking incidence is high but appears to be in decline. Legitmate market volume size has been boosted by local cigarette production. There are currently 1.1 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 46.5% of adult male and 5.3% female smokers in 2017, or 25.6% of the adult population. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 477 pieces in 2017, compared with 424 pieces in 2000 and 523 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
- Market volume in 2017 was 3.4 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Laos consumers consumed an average of 477 cigarettes in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change-favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns.
- As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 9
4. Manufacturers & Brands 10
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 14
5.1. Taxation 14
5.2. Retail Prices 15
6. The Smoking Population 18
7. Production and Trade 21
7.1. Production 21
7.2. Imports 23
7.3. Exports 26
8. Operating Constraints 28
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 28
8.2. Health Warnings 28
8.3. Other Restrictions 29
9. Company Profiles 30
10. Prospects & Forecasts 32
11. Appendix 34
11.1. What is this Report About? 34
11.2. Time Frame 35
11.3. Product Category Coverage 35
11.4. Methodology 36
11.5. About GlobalData 38
11.6. Disclaimer 39
11.7. Contact Us 40
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 36
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 38
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 6
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 8
Table 3: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2001-2017 11
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, % volume, 2001-2017 12
Table 5: Retail Prices of Selected Brands, USD , 1999, 2002, 2005 & 2012 15
Table 6: Red A: Price Development, ?/Pack, 1990-2012 16
Table 7: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 18
Table 8: Smoking Prevalence by Ethnic Group, 2007 20
Table 9: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016 21
Table 10: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2017 23
Table 11: Cigarettes Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Million Pieces 24
Table 12: Exports of Cigarettes, 2004-2017 26
Table 13: Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017 27
Table 14: Company profile: Laos Tobacco Ltd 30
Table 15: Company profile: Laos-China Hongta Good Luck Tobacco Company 31
Table 16: Consumption Forecasts to 2027 33
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Cigarettes, Laos, consumption, pieces, production, market volume, imports, exports, per capita, forecast, retail distribution, taxation, smoking population
Laos-China Hongta Good Luck Tobacco Company