Gene Therapy in CVMD
Gene therapies have been a point of discussion during the last several years as a potential curative option for a variety of disease indications. While mainly still in preclinical stages, gene therapy aims to treat or alleviate a disease by genetically modifying the cells of a patient. This report focuses on gene therapies in development across the 8MM for cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, including coronary artery disease, critical limb ischemia, diabetic foot ulcers, and Pompe Disease. In addition, this report provides an assessment of the pipeline, clinical, and commercial landscape of gene therapies in CVMD supplemented with a variety of KOL and payer perspectives.
This report combines KOL and Payer insights along with data from the Pharma Intelligence Center with in-house analyst expertise to provide a competitive assessment of the disease marketplace. Components of the slide deck include-
- Overview of CVMD and Gene Therapies: epidemiology and regulatory oversight
- Pipeline Assessment: regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment: trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors
- Market Access: considerations for reimbursement, pricing, and unmet needs
- Market Outlook: competitive assessment and key market events (2018-2025).
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global CVMD gene therapy market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global CVMD gene therapy market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1.1 Related Reports 4
1.2 Upcoming Related Reports 5
1.3 Abbreviations 6
2. Executive Summary 9
2.1 Key Findings 10
2.2 KOL and Payer Insight on CVMD Gene Therapy Competitive Landscape 11
3. Overview of CVMD Gene Therapy 12
3.1 What is Gene Therapy? 14
3.2 Gene Transfer Methods and Vectors Used for Gene Therapy 18
3.3 Viral Vectors vs. Non Viral Vectors 20
3.4 Therapeutic Gene Therapy Strategies Employed in CVMD 24
3.5 Gene Therapy in the 8MM 25
4. Epidemiology Analysis 31
4.1 Coronary Artery Disease 33
4.2 Peripheral Artery Disease 34
4.3 Peripheral Artery Disease with Critical Limb Ischemia 35
4.4 Systolic Heart Failure 36
4.5 Diabetic Foot Ulcers 37
4.6 Diabetic Neuropathy 38
4.7 Pompe Disease 39
5. Pipeline Assessment 40
5.1 CVMD Gene Therapy Pipeline in the 8MM 42
5.2 Pipeline Products-Phase III 43
5.3 AnGes MG's Collategene 44
5.4 Angionetics' Generx 45
5.5 ViroMed's Donaperminogene Seltoplasmid 46
5.6 Renova's RT-100 49
5.7 Pipeline Products-Phase II 50
5.8 ID Pharma's DVC-10101 51
5.9 Juventas' JVS-100 52
5.10 UF's Gene Therapy to Activate Acid Alpha Glucosidase for Pompe Disease 54
6. Clinical Trials Mapping and Design 55
6.1 Clinical Trial Mapping 57
6.2 Clinical Trial Design 59
7. Pricing and Reimbursement Strategies-Payer Perspective 60
7.1 Current CVMD Space 62
7.2 Challenges Associated with Reimbursement of Novel CVMD Therapies 63
7.3 Prospective Payer Strategies for CVMD Gene Therapies 64
8. Market Outlook 65
8.1 Phase III CVMD Gene Therapy Pipeline 67
8.2 Key Launch Dates for Phase II and III CVMD Gene Therapy Pipeline 71
9. Appendix 72
9.1 Sources 73
9.1 Methodology 74
9.2 Primary Research 75
9.3 About the Authors 76
9.4 About GlobalData 78
9.5 Contact Us 79
9.6 Disclaimer 80
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Human Stem Cells Institute
ID Pharma Co
YiChang Humanwell Pharmaceutical
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"