Stem Cell Therapies in CVMD
GlobalData's Hot Topic "Stem Cell Therapies in CVMD", combines KOL and Payer insights along with data from the Pharma Intelligence Center with in-house analyst expertise to provide a competitive assessment of the disease marketplace.
This report provides an assessment of the pipeline, clinical, and commercial landscape of stem cell therapies in CVMD. Overall, GlobalData expects new stem cell therapy approvals to drive CVMD market growth from 2018-2025.
Regenerative medicine could potentially cure diseases and may replace palliative treatments for chronic diseases. Stem cells in particular have been studied for their regenerative properties: their potential to repair or replace damaged or diseased human cells or tissues to restore normal function. Studies of stem cell therapies targeting cardiovascular indications such as heart failure (HF), myocardial infarction (MI), cardiomyopathy (CM), and left ventricular dysfunction (LVD) aim to demonstrate that stem cells injected into the circulation or directly into the injured heart tissue improve cardiac function and/or induce the formation of new capillaries.
Components of the slide deck include-
- Overview of CVMD and Stem Cells: epidemiology and regulatory oversight
- Pipeline Assessment: regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment: trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors
- Market Access: considerations for reimbursement, pricing, and unmet needs
- Market Outlook: competitive assessment and key market events (2018-2025).
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global CVMD stem cell therapy market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global CVMD stem cell therapy market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1.1 Related Reports 5
1.2 Upcoming Related Reports 6
2. Executive Summary 7
2.1 Key Findings 8
2.2 CVMD Stem Cell Therapy Competitive Landscape Insights 9
3. Overview-Stem Cells, CVMD, Epidemiology 10
3.1 Regenerative Medicine 12
3.2 Stem Cells and Cardiovascular Disease 13
3.3 Stem Cell Therapies 15
3.4 Overview of Heart Disease and Epidemiology 16
3.5 Overview of Other CV Indications and Epidemiology 22
3.6 Overview of Metabolic Disorders and Epidemiology 26
4. Regulatory Oversight of Stem Cell Therapies 30
4.1 Regulatory Agencies in the US and EU 32
4.2 The FDA and Stem Cell Therapy 33
4.3 Oversight of Stem Cell Therapy in Japan and China 34
4.4 Marketed Heart Failure Therapy in Japan 35
5. Pipeline Assessment, Profiled Stem Cell Therapies 36
5.1 Pipeline Stem Cell Therapies Targeting CVMD 38
5.2 Stem Cell Therapies for Heart Failure 39
5.3 HF Pipeline: Mesoblast's Revascor 40
5.4 HF Pipeline: U.S. Stemcell's MyoCell 41
5.5 HF Pipeline: Celixir's Heartcel 42
5.6 HF Pipeline: Capricor's CAP-1002 43
5.7 HF Pipeline: Stemedica's Stemedyne-MSC 44
5.8 Stroke Pipeline: Healios'/Athersys' Multistem 45
5.9 Stroke Pipeline: SanBio's SB623 46
6. Clinical Trials and Key Developers 47
6.1 Overview of Clinical Trials 49
6.2 CVMD Stem Cell Therapy Development 50
6.3 Clinical Trial Mapping 51
6.4 Key Players 52
7. Market Access: Reimbursement, Pricing, Unmet Need 53
7.1 Market Access 55
7.2 Stem Cell Therapy Reimbursement 56
7.3 Unmet Need within CVD 57
7.4 CVD Stem Cell Therapy Reimbursement and Pricing 58
7.5 Reimbursement for HF Stem Cell Pipeline Therapies 59
7.6 Reimbursement for Stroke Stem Cell Pipeline Therapies 60
7.7 MD (Diabetes) Stem Cell Therapy Reimbursement 61
8. Market Outlook 62
8.1 Market Outlook for Mesoblast's Revascor 64
8.2 Market Outlook for U.S. StemCell's MyoCell 65
8.3 Market Outlook for Celixir's Heartcel 66
8.4 Market Outlook for Capricor's CAP-1002 67
8.5 Market Outlook for Stemedica's Stemedyne-MSC 68
8.6 Market Outlook for Healios'/Athersys' Multistem 69
8.7 Market Outlook for SanBio's SB623 70
8.8 Anticipated Key Events for Stem Cell Therapies in CVD 71
9. Appendix 72
9.1 Sources 73
9.2 Methodology 74
9.3 Primary Research 75
9.4 About the Authors 76
9.5 About GlobalData 78
9.6 Contact Us 79
9.7 Disclaimer 80
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"