Vietnam Cold Chain Market Outlook to 2026
Driven by Rising Meat and Seafood Consumption and Increasing Awareness of Applying Cold Chain in Protecting Foods in Vietnam
About the Report
About the Report
A highly fragmented market with immense growth potential Vietnam’s Cold Chain market is being driven bychange in Lifestyle and Urbanization led to Rising Domestic Consumption of Processed food. Growing Demand for Quick Services Restaurants and Medicines are also leading the market growth.
The total addressable market in Vietnam for cold chain market has been expanding. Regarding logistics infrastructure, Vietnam has made a lot of breakthrough progress, especially in the investment and development of seaports. There has been increase in the demand of cold transport in Vietnam owning to rising consumption of perishable products which need to be kept at a stable temperature.
Vietnam Cold Chain industry is catered by the domestic and international players such as Arctic Fox, Lotte Global, Lineage & MKL are amongst the top players in the industry.
Vietnam Cold Chain Market Analysis
- The Cold chain market is highly fragmented in Vietnam with more than 90 cold storage & transportation players enabling the market to transform over the years.
- Increase in the demand of cold transport in Vietnam owning to rising consumption of perishable products which need to be kept at a stable temperature.
- The Vietnam cold chain market is currently in the growing phase owing to rising collaboration with logistics providers and geographic advantage.
Increasing demand for pharmaceutical products and vaccines are contributing to the high growth in cold chain market with cold storage accounting for over 88.0% of the industry revenue in 2021.
Key Trends by Market Segment:
By Ownership: 3PL Cold Chain Companies generated a robust revenue in Vietnam in 2021. Large Scale 3PL Companies played a major role in driving Vietnam cold chain industry in the last few years by serving food and pharma sectors. The overall revenue generated by 3PL amounted to a fair share of market.
By End-Users: Meat and seafood segment is leading in the country with a robust revenue share because Vietnam is one of the largest exporters for seafood. Cold chain market across all the end users is growing in Vietnam due to growing customer demand for high quality logistics solutions, growing income levels and spurring consumption of more perishable goods.
- The key players of the cold chain market are opting for automated system because it increases accuracy and productivity
- Vietnam cold chain market is a highly fragmented with Lineage and Transimex are dominating the market contributing approximately 20.1% of the share in 2021
- Seafood, meat, fruits, and dairy are the among the most prominent industries catered by the key players of the cold chain market
- Majority of the cold chain players are catering to foods and beverages, meat and seafood, pharma industries where Transimex have various HACCP, WHO-GMP, ISO 9001:2018 certifications.
- Lotte Global has decided to pursue market expansion in Vietnam after exiting the Chinese market
- Newly established players of the market such as ARC Bing Duong and Arctic Wolf provides services for seafood, fruits, dairy, meat, seeds, and pharma industries
- SK Logistics provides cold transportation and cold storage rental services to meet all production needs for frozen goods with many different temperature ranges.
- The Vietnam cold chain market is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 14.8% due to the ever-growing demand
- Rising demand in future for pharmaceutical products and vaccines are to contribute the highest growth in cold chain market with cold storage
- Large Scale 3PL Companies are anticipated to contribute the major market share in Vietnam cold chain market by ownership.
- Meat and seafood to contribute the highest market share followed by fruits and vegetables vertical by 2026
Scope Of The Report
Scope of the Report
Vietnam Cold Chain Market Segmentation
By Market Type
· Cold Storage
· Cold Transport
By End User
· Pharmaceuticals and Vaccines
· Fruits and Vegetables
· Dairy Products
· Processed foods
· Ice cream and frozen desserts
By Provider Type
Vietnam Cold Storage Market Segmentations
By Temperature Range
By Major Cities
· Abu Dhabi
Vietnam Cold Transport Market Segmentation
By Mode of Transportation
· Long Haul (First + Mid Mile)
· Short Haul (Last Mile)
By Temperature Range
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report:
- Agricultural & Sea food Producers
- Importers & Exporters
- E-Commerce & Online Grocery Platforms
- Retail & Super market Chains
- Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Companies
Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period: 2016-2021
- Base Year: 2021
- Forecast Period: 2022-2026
Major Players Mentioned in the Report:
Vietnam Cold Chain Market (Cold Storage Companies)
- SK Cold Storage
- Mekong Logistics
Vietnam Cold Chain Market (Cold Transportation Companies)
- ABA Cool trans
- New Land
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
1.1 Executive Summary of Vietnam Cold Chain Market
2. Country Overview and Infrastructure Analysis of Vietnam
2.1 Country Overview of Vietnam
2.2 Vietnam Population Analysis, 2021
2.3 Cross Comparison of Quality of Infrastructure of ASEAN Countries
2.4 Road Transport Overview
2.5 Air Transport Overview
2.6 Sea Transport Overview
3. Vietnam Cold Chain Market Overview and Genesis
3.1 Vietnam Cold Chain Industry Supply Ecosystem
3.2 Business Cycle and Genesis of Vietnam Cold Chain Market
3.3 Understanding Value Chain of Vietnam Cold Chain Industry
3.4 Major Challenges in Vietnam Cold Chain Market Value Chain
3.5 Existing Technologies in Vietnam Cold Chain Market
3.6 Vietnam Cold Chain Market Size, 2016-2021
4. Vietnam Cold Chain Market Segmentation
4.1 By Cold Storage and Cold Transport, 2016-2021
4.2 By Ownership, 2021
4.3 By End Users, 2021
5. Vietnam Cold Storage Market
5.1 Vietnam Cold Storage Market Ecosystem
5.2 Vietnam Cold Storage Market Size, 2016-2021
5.3 Vietnam Cold Storage Market Segmentation by Automation (By Pallets), 2021
5.4 Vietnam Cold Storage Market Segmentation by Temperature Range, 2021
5.5 Vietnam Cold Storage Market Segmentation by End Users, 2021
5.6 Vietnam Cold Storage Market Segmentation by Region, 2021
5.7 Demand Supply Scenario of Vietnam Cold Storage Market
6. Vietnam Cold Transport Market Overview
6.1 Overview of Vietnam Cold Transportation Industry
6.2 Value Chain Analysis of Vietnam Cold Transportation
6.3 Challenges and Opportunities in Vietnam Cold transportation Market
6.4 Vietnam Cold Transport Market Revenue, 2016-2021
6.5 Vietnam Cold Transport Market Segmentation by Type of Reefer Truck, 2021
6.6 Vietnam Cold Transport Market Segmentation by Mode of Transportation, 2021
6.7 Vietnam Cold Transport Market Segmentation by Location & Vicinity, 2021
6.8 Vietnam Cold Transport Market Segmentation by End Users, 2021
7. Vietnam Cold Chain Market Competition Landscape
7.1 Market Positioning Analysis of Major Cold Chain Players in Vietnam
7.2 Market Share of Major Cold Chain Players in Vietnam
7.3 Strengths and Weakness of Major Cold Chain Players in Vietnam
7.4 Cross Comparison of Vietnam Cold Chain Market Players
8. Investment Model for Vietnam Cold Chain Industry
8.1 Assumptions Taken into Consideration
8.2 Fixed and Variable Cost
8.3 Variable Costs and Revenue Stream
8.4 Operating Model
9. Vietnam Cold Chain Industry Analysis
9.1 SWOT Analysis of Vietnam Cold Chain Market
9.2 Impacts of Trade agreements related to Logistics in Vietnam
9.3 Growth drivers of Vietnam Cold Chain Market
9.4 Technological Advancements in the Vietnam Cold Chain Market
9.5 Recent Trends in the Vietnam Cold Chain Market
9.6 Issues and Challenges in the Vietnam Cold Chain Market
9.7 Legal Document Policies related to Foreign Investments in Vietnam
9.8 Development Policies to Support Logistics Services in Vietnam
10. End User Analysis of Vietnam Cold Chain Market
10.1 Key Temperature Controlled Products with different Shelf Lives
10.2 In-Depth Analysis for Cold Storage in Vietnam
10.3 Vietnam Consumer Food Service Market Size, 2017-2022
10.4 Future Market Sizing Analysis of Vietnam Consumer Food Service Market, 2022-2027
10.5 Future Outlook of Vietnam Food Services Market, 2027
10.6 Restaurant Players in shopping malls
10.7 International and Domestic Players operating in Vietnam
10.8 Units/Outlets of Consumer Food Service Players Operating in Vietnam
10.9 Revenue of Consumer Food Service Players operating in Vietnam
10.10 Major Restaurant in Players and their Delivery Partners in Vietnam
10.11 Vietnam Meat and Seafood Market
10.12 Vietnam Fruits and Vegetable Market
10.13 Vietnam OTC Pharma Market
11.Future Outlook of Vietnam Cold Chain Industry
11.1 Future Market Sizing of Cold Chain Industry, 2026
11.2 Vietnam Cold Storage Market by and Cold Transport, 2026
11.3 Future Market Segmentation by Market Type and By Ownership, 2026
11.4 Future Market Segmentation by End User, 2026
12. Future Outlook of Vietnam Cold Storage Market
12.1 Future Cold Storage Market Sizing Analysis
12.2 Vietnam Cold Storage Market Size by Pallets, Price and Occupancy Rate, 2026
12.3 Vietnam Cold Storage Market Segmentation by Temperature and by End User, 2026
12.4 Vietnam Cold Storage Market Segmentation by Automation and by Major Cities, 2026
13. Future Outlook of Vietnam Cold Transport Market
13.1 Vietnam Cold Transport Market Revenue, 2021-2026
13.2 Future Segmentation by Reefer Trucks and Mode of Transportation, 2026
13.3 Future Market Segmentation by Location & Vicinity, 2026
13.4 Future Segmentation by End User, 2026
14 Market Opportunities and Analyst Recommendation
14.1 Recommendations to Set Up a Cold Chain Unit in Vietnam
14.2 Emerging Technologies in Vietnam Cold Chain Market
14.3 Analyst Recommendation for Cold Chain Market in Vietnam
15. Research Methodology
15.1 Market Definitions and Assumptions
15.3 Market Sizing Approach
15.4 Consolidated Research Approach
15.5 Sample Size Inclusion
15.6 Limitation and Future Conclusion
17. Contact Us
Step 1: Identifying Key Variables: Ecosystem creation for all the major entities and referring to multiple secondary and proprietary databases to perform desk research around market to collate industry level information.
Step 2: Market Building: Collating statistics on Vietnam Cold Chain market over the years, penetration of marketplaces and service providers ratio to compute revenue generated for Vietnam Cold Chain market. We will also review service quality statistics to understand revenue generated which can ensure accuracy behind the data points shared.
Step 3: Validating and Finalizing: Building market hypothesis and conducting CATIs with industry exerts belonging to different companies to validate statistics and seek operational and financial information from company representatives.
Step 4: Research output: Our team will approach multiple Vietnam Cold Chain market providing channels and understand nature of product segments and sales, consumer preference and other parameters, which will support us validate statistics derived through bottom to top approach from cold chain service providers.
For any queries related to research methodology, click here to schedule a call with our analysts
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How big is the Vietnam Cold Chain Market?
The cold chain market in Vietnam is estimated to be at USD 203 million in 2022
How big is the cold storage capacity in Vietnam?
There are 75 commercial cold storage providers with a storage capacity of over 1 million pellets in Veitnam in 2022.
Who are the key players in Vietnam Cold Chain Market?
Latte Global, Arctic Wolf, Lineage, Mekong Logistics & Transimex are some of the key players in Vietnam Cold Chain Market
What are the key factors driving the Vietnam Cold Chain Market?
Rising demand for fresh & processed food in urban centers, increasing awareness about the importance of cold chain are driving the growth of this market.
What is the cold chain market forecast for Vietnam?
The Vietnam Cold Chain Market is expected to witness a CAGR of ~14.8% between 2022-2026.
Why Buy From US?
What makes us stand out is that our consultants follows Robust, Refine and Result (RRR) methodology. i.e. Robust for clear definitions, approaches and sanity checking, Refine for differentiating respondents facts and opinions and Result for presenting data with story
We have set a benchmark in the industry by offering our clients with syndicated and customized market research reports featuring coverage of entire market as well as meticulous research and analyst insights.
While we don't replace traditional research, we flip the method upside down. Our dual approach of Top Bottom & Bottom Top ensures quality deliverable by not just verifying company fundamentals but also looking at the sector and macroeconomic factors.
With one step in the future, our research team constantly tries to show you the bigger picture. We help with some of the tough questions you may encounter along the way: How is the industry positioned? Best marketing channel? KPI's of competitors? By aligning every element, we help maximize success.
Our report gives you instant access to the answers and sources that other companies might choose to hide. We elaborate each steps of research methodology we have used and showcase you the sample size to earn your trust.
If you need any support, we are here! We pride ourselves on universe strength, data quality, and quick, friendly, and professional service.