Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Asia-Pacific
"Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Asia-Pacific", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the Pay-TV services market in Asia Pacific (APAC). It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the pay-TV market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
Pay-TV penetration in Asia Pacific (APAC) is set to increase through 2022 buoyed by ongoing economic improvement in South and South East Asia as well as by expansion of FTTH/B broadband networks across APAC, increasing the availability of IPTV.
Despite its initial status as a complement to traditional pay-TV service, cord-cutting and cord-shaving trends are pushing pay-TV operators across the region to embrace the OTT world, wether by launching their own OTT platforms or by setting up partnerships with SVoD service providers.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Pay-TV market in APAC: This section provides an overview of the performance of keey pay-TV markets in APAC including subscription trends by technology as well as analysis of major regulatory trends impacting APAC pay-TV.
- Competitive Market Trends in APAC: This section looks at three major compeitive trends that are impacting pay-TV players in the region including technology invesment and the impact of OTT.
- Pa-TV revenue evolution in APAC: This section provides a forecast of APAC pay-TV revenue and provides analysis on the dynamics of various pay-TV technology revenues.
- Key findings: it consists of a summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the APAC pay-TV services market.
- Most regulators around the region are looking into how to best regulate OTT video services. Further another concern is around ownership and licensing rules for pay-TV and free to air platforms.
- Regulator and government broadband initiatives paired with operators investments in fiber optic broadband will drive IPTV adoption in the coming years.
- To combat declining margins and increase value to customers, telcos and pay-TV providers are investing in the production of their own content.
Reasons to buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of pay-TV servcies in the APAC markets.
- The report investigates pay-TV trends, regualtory context and competitive conditions, looking in particular at the impact of operator investment and OTT threat in the APAC region.
- To study APAC's most competitive pay-TV markets, in order to inform strategical decision-making.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
Executive Summary 5
Section 1: Asia-Pacific in a Global Context 6
Asia-Pacific's demographics at a glance 7
Asia-Pacific in a global context 8
Section 2: Pay-TV Market in Asia-Pacific 9
Pay-TV market economic context 10
Pay-TV market performance forecast 11
Pay-TV market in Asia-Pacific 12
Pay-TV market technology breakdown 13
Regulatory context in Asia-Pacific 14
Section 3: Competitive Market Trends in Asia-Pacific 15
Competitive market trends in Asia-Pacific 16
Investment trends in Asia-Pacific 17
OTT threat in Asia-Pacific 18
Content production in Asia-Pacific 19
Section 4: Pay-TV revenue evolution in Asia-Pacific 20
Pay-TV service ARPS evolution in Asia-Pacific 21
Pay-TV service revenue evolution in Asia-Pacific 22
Section 5: Findings and Recommendations 23
Key Findings 24
Acronyms and Definitions 26
Companies Mentioned 27
About the Authors 28
Related Research 29
Contact Information 30
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Pay-TV, DTH/satellite, cable, digital cable, analog cable, OTT, IPTV, Multiplay, Service Bundle, video, SVoD, TVE, TVoD, broadband, pay-TV, FTTH/B investment, play-TV regulation, FTTH/B, fiber
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"