Big Data in Utilities-Thematic Research
Cloud computing, machine learning, augmented reality, internet TV, the Internet of Things (IoT), robotics, cryptocurrencies, voice, blockchain and cybersecurity. These are the big investment themes of tomorrow and they all have one thing in common: they generate huge amount of data.
Cisco estimates that the world generates 122 exabytes of internet data traffic per month. This data traffic is growing at 24% per annum and 82% of it is consumer generated. Most of this data traffic could be monetized via a growing band of hyperscale, internet-facing data centers around the world.
Ask any CEO how they expects to sell more products and cut more costs and he will tell you that Big Data features prominently in his strategy. Big Data refers to the technology processes by which companies can profit from the large amounts of data to which they have access.
Increasingly, utilities own or can access huge volumes of data from smart metering systems, syncrophasors, smart homes and other sources of data. In addition, more of the utilities infrastructure is becoming smart-meaning that it has built-in processing, connectivity, and sensing capabilities. Electric vehicles (EVs), smart home systems, and many more subsystems are likely to interface with utilities and provide them with potentially valuable data.
- The report highlights the significance of big data in utilities.
- It discusses the challenge for utilities to make that data useful and generate actionable insights from it.
- It also emphasizes that those solutions that manage big data in the industry need to quickly make sense of data from multiple sources and in diverse formats.
Reasons to buy
- The report highlights some of the key market leading players in each category of the big data value chain.
- It identifies the main trends expected over the next two years in the big data theme.
- It examines the big data value chain and classifies it into four segments-big data generation, big data management, big data product development, and big data consumption.
- The report also offers an industry analysis of the big data theme, identifying the key M&A transactions and critical milestones achieved in the course of the data center industry's evolution.
- The report briefs on the impact of big data on utilities, with the help of case studies and key recommendations for IT vendors.
- The report provides an overview of the big data theme and how it combines traditional data management technologies with new forms of data processing that are better suited to modern formats.
Table of Contents
Data trends 4
Industry growth trends 5
Hardware trends 6
Software trends 7
Big Data trends in utilities 8
VALUE CHAIN 11
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 14
Mergers and acquisitions 17
THE IMPACT OF BIG DATA ON UTILITIES 20
Big Data and IoT 20
Utilities case studies 20
Key recommendations for IT vendors 22
COMPANIES SECTION 23
Public companies 23
Private companies 27
Utility companies 29
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 31
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 37
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Alpine Data Labs
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"