Mexico: Country Intelligence Report
"Mexico: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Mexico today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
With a revenue of USD 19 billion in 2017, or 1.7% of GDP, the telecoms and pay-TV services market in Mexico was the second largest Latin American in terms of revenue after Brazil. Over the next five years, GlobalData expects Mexico's total market revenue to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% to reach USD 27.4 billion in 2023. Growth will be underpinned by an increase in Internet service adoption thanks to operators' improved access to wholesale infrastructure, which will ultimately allow to boost Internet access in underserved areas.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Mexico.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Mexico will grow at a CAGR of 6.5% in terms of USD (7.3% in local currency) during 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 56.7% of total telecom revenue in 2023, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband and 4G services.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology over the period 2020-2023. Coverage expansion of Red Compartida, the wholesale 4G shared network, will further boost 4G penetration levels. We expect 5G to be commercially available by 2021.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Mexico's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Mexico's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the Mexico's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Mexico.
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
America Movil (Telcel + Telmex) 28
Group Televisa 29
AT&T Mexico 30
Movistar Mexico 31
Additional resources 32
Baseline forecast assumptions 33
Data tables 34
Research methodology 39
About the authors 40
Country Intelligence Report coverage 41
About GlobalData 42
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
America Movil (Telcel/Telmex)
Virgin Mobile Mexico
IFT, Red Troncal, Altan Redes, mobile data in Mexico, Mexico fixed broadband, prepaid in Mexico, postpaid in Mexico, 4G in Mexico, LTE in Mexico, Mexico IPTV, Mexico network expansion, pay-TV in Mexico, Mexico FTTH/B, America Movil (Telcel/Telmex), Group Televisa, AT&T Mexico, Movistar, Axtel/Alestra, Megacable, Sky Mexico, Total Play, Dish mexico, Virgin Mobile Mexico, Qbocel, Maxcom
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"