AIA Insurance Lanka Plc (CTCE.N0000)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
AIA Insurance Lanka PLC (AIA), a subsidiary of AIA Group Limited, is a provider of life insurance and trust services. The company offers a range of protection, savings, retirement, investment linked, and health plans. It offers AIA Pensions Premier, AIA Pensions Premier Gold, AIA Easy Pensions, AIA pensions plus, AIA smart builder, AIA education plan, AIA savings plan, AIA savings plus, AIA savings plus gold, AIA protected savings, investment linked savings plan, and AIA health first. The company provides fund management, trust and other related administration services through its wholly owned subsidiary, Rainbow Trust Management Limited. It distributes its products through agency, bancassurance, and other channels. The company operates through a network of branches in Sri Lanka. AIA is headquartered in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
The company reported gross written premium of LKR11.5 billion for the fiscal year ended December 2017 (FY2017), an increase of 13.9% over that in FY2016. The net earned premium of the company was LKR11.2 billion in FY2017, an increase of 13.9% over that in FY2016.
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc Key Recent Developments
Aug 10,2017: AIA Sri Lanka reports solid 2017 half year results
Mar 02,2017: AIA Sri Lanka reports strong 2016 results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1-About the Company 5
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-Key Facts 5
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-Key Employees 6
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-Key Employee Biographies 7
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-Major Products and Services 8
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-History 9
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-Company Statement 11
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-Locations And Subsidiaries 12
Head Office 12
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 12
Section 2-Company Analysis 13
Company Overview 13
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-Business Description 14
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-SWOT Analysis 15
SWOT Analysis-Overview 15
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-Strengths 15
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-Weaknesses 16
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-Opportunities 17
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-Threats 18
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc-Key Competitors 19
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 20
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 20
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 21
Performance Chart 23
Financial Performance 23
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 24
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 25
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 26
Aug 10, 2017: AIA Sri Lanka reports solid 2017 half year results 26
Mar 02, 2017: AIA Sri Lanka reports strong 2016 results 27
Section 5-Appendix 28
Ratio Definitions 28
About GlobalData 32
Contact Us 32
List of Figures
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 23
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Ratio Charts 25
List of Tables
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Key Facts 5
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Key Employees 6
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Key Employee Biographies 7
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Major Products and Services 8
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, History 9
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Other Locations 12
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Subsidiaries 12
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Key Competitors 19
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Ratios based on current share price 20
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Annual Ratios 21
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 22
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, Interim Ratios 24
Currency Codes 28
Capital Market Ratios 28
Equity Ratios 29
Profitability Ratios 29
Cost Ratios 30
Liquidity Ratios 30
Leverage Ratios 31
Efficiency Ratios 31
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Union Assurance PLC
Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation Ltd
Softlogic Life Insurance PLC
HNB Assurance PLC
Ceylinco Insurance PLC
AIA Insurance Lanka Plc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"