Global Network as a Service Market Size, Segments, Outlook, and Revenue Forecast 2022-2028 by Type (WAN, LAN, Bandwidth on Demand, and Data Connectivity Center), By Application (Virtual Private Network, Content Delivery Network, Cloud Service Provider, UCaaS/ Video Conferencing and Integrated network security as a service), By Enterprises (SMEs and Large Enterprises), By End Users (Banking, Financial Service and Insurance, Retail, Healthcare, Education, Software and Technology, Media and Entertainment, Government, and Other End Users) and Region North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA
Network as a service (NaaS) is a cloud service model for delivering enterprise-wide area network services virtually on a subscription basis. NaaS allows companies to manage their own networks. Networking activities are controlled by software via NaaS providers, just like other cloud services, thereby allowing organizations to design their own networks entirely without hardware. Customers only need to have Internet connectivity. It allows companies to set up the market for networks as a service that has been severely disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic epidemic. As the trend toward remote work started throughout time, the demand for networking equipment and connection rose. People's limited freedom of mobility and increased internet surfing time both contributed to the market's rapid expansion.
The global Network as a Service Market is expected to witness a rapid CAGR of ~30% during the forecast period (2022-2028), and reaching revenue of ~US$ 50 Bn by 2028, due to an increase in investment in advanced technology and collaboration in a cloud computing network.
- The CISCO Global Cloud Index estimated that in 2021, cloud data centers would have likely processed ~90% of all workloads and computing instances, and the remaining processed by traditional data centers. As the information and applications hosted by the cloud are evenly distributed across all the servers, which are connected to work as one. Therefore, if one server fails, no data is lost and downtime is avoided. The cloud also offers more storage space and server resources, including better computing power. This means your software and applications will perform faster.
Traditional IT systems are not so resilient and cannot guarantee a consistently high level of server performance. They have limited capacity and are susceptible to downtime, which can greatly hinder workplace productivity.
- The high cost of implementation may create problems for the NaaS service provider as vendors may find it challenging in maintain and protect technology.
- Since the COVID-19 outbreak, businesses have adopted the remote working concept, which has considerably raised the need for cloud-based solutions.
- However, in 2020, sales declined significantly for a variety of industries, including manufacturing, BFSI, retail, and others. Due to the rising popularity of remote working, businesses are increasing their investments in edge computing, cloud-based analytics and assurance, and AI-powered networking solutions. It's expected that this would lead to an increase in the NaaS market.
Scope of the Report
Network as a Service Market is segmented by Type, Application, Enterprises, and End-User. In addition, the report also covers market size and forecasts for the region's four major regions' Network as a Service market. The revenue used to size and forecast the market for each segment is USD billion.
Key Trends by Market Segment
By Type: WAN dominates the market share of the Global market.
- WAN develops a communication network with the help of mobile phones, computers, remote offices, and data center
- WAN as a service offers cloud, and Internet connectivity used by the customers and configures the WAN using software instead of hardware appliances.
- The primary advantage of WAN is that it is designed to allow communication over a wide geographical area.
- In February 2020, The VMware Telco Automation Cloud was launched to model, onboard, orchestrate, and manage virtual network functions (VNFs), cloud network functions (CNFs), and network services. TAC prioritized the cloud to reduce the complexity of multi-cloud architectures, making NFVs and VNFs more manageable as part of its "Ready for NFV" campaign.
- In April 2018, China Mobile International, a Chinese telecom carrier, and Aryaka, a top provider of SD-WAN solutions, collaborated to offer completely compliant SD-WAN solutions for multinational corporations. This collaboration made it easier to build and administer SD-WANs and to comply with Chinese regulations.
By Application: Cloud-services provider segment accounts for the majority share of the Global NaaS Market.
- Cloud- services providers the segment that is rising the fastest. The primary forces behind cloud migration include scalability, improved efficacy, speedier deployment, mobility, and disaster recovery.
- Cloud services describe a broad variety of services that are provided on demand to businesses and clients through the internet. These services are created to offer quick, inexpensive access to resources and applications without the need for internal hardware or infrastructure.
- Due to Transmission from on-premises modules to cloud-based services and rising investment in cloud-related services by various end-user industries.
- Due to the COVID pandemic the rise in demand for Video Conferencing increases as companies are opting for Work from Home.
- According to Cisco's Global Cloud Index, 78% of all cloud processes are anticipated to be supplied using a NaaS model between 2016 and 2021. Network as a service was expected to make up 10% of the worldwide cloud industry, while infrastructure as a service was predicted to decline from an impressive 25% in 2021.
By Enterprises: Large enterprises segment account to hold the largest share of the market.
- Large enterprises are using virtualized technology to manage the connection in remote sites and raising support for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) which helps them in managing their diverse source cost-effectively.
- Many large industries are embracing cloud services because they enable them to fulfill their business objectives at a low cost.
- Large enterprises are adopting NaaS as it covers a wide geographical area and it helps the large organization connect with all the branches at a time.
- The adoption of NaaS in the Large enterprise segment is due to influenced by higher uptime, better security, better Quality of Service (QoS), higher performance, and optimized systems.
By End Users: Software andTechnology is the largest market in Global NaaS Market.
- The rise in demand for Software and Technology due to allocating cloud computing among enterprises as well as government agencies.
- Network infrastructure is essential in the IT and telecom sectors since the majority of activity in these sectors rely on their networks. Network services are collections of interconnected virtual and physical network operations. The foundational elements of 5G networks are those. Consequently, the development of new technologies like 5G will lead to significant adoption of the NaaS platform in the telecom sector.
- In June 2022, NaaS Technology Inc. has officially listed on the NASDAQ under the ticker NaaS. to operate its technology in 358 cities across China and has connected more than 400,000 chargers and 44,000 charging stations.
By Geography: North Americaaccounts for the largest share among all regions within the global Network as a Service market, accounting for total market revenue.
- The increase in demand for Network as a Service in Canada is growing mainly due to its new product roll-outs, acquisitions, mergers, and partnerships, which are changing the market in North America overall.
- The presence of a large number of service providers offering network services is also anticipated to drive regional growth over the forecast period.
- The second largest region is Europe. Several collaboration initiatives taking place in the nation are contributing to the growth of NaaS platforms and product innovation. In February 2021, Packet Fabric and Colt Technology Services of the UK announced a strategic relationship to directly integrate Colts on Demand with Packet Fabric’s Network as a Service (NaaS) infrastructure. This will provide real-time network access to 100 prestigious data center sites around Europe, which will be advantageous to Packet Fabric’s business clients.
- Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing region driven by China’s widespread adoption of 5G and 5G mobile networks that support many different service types such as health, automotive, Banking Services, and Telecom.
The Global NaaS market is highly competitive with ~500 players which include globally diversified players, regional players as well as a large number of country-niche players each with their niche in a cloud-based solution, and technologies. The NaaS market's growth is heavily reliant on technological advancement and Software investment. Nowadays, numerous cloud-based companies, including Rackspace, Verizon, Cisco, and Juniper are investing in NaaS, and governments are also making significant investments in NaaS.
Country-Niche players constitute about ~65% of the competitors, while global players constitute ~5%. Some of the major players in the market include Rackspace, Verizon, Cisco, AT&T, Aryaka Networks, Juniper Networks, NEC Corporation, VMware, Telefonica, Cloud flare, Ciena Corporation, Wipro, and among others.
Recent Developments Related to Major Players
- In September 2022, Juniper announces its expansion to Apstra software. This will help Juniper enterprises, service providers, and cloud provider customers to manage their data center automation.
- In June 2021, AT&T introduced Cisco Webex Calling. AT&T Business offers Webex Calling with AT&T Enterprise to Cisco's Unified Communications Manager - Cloud (UCMC). It will support businesses in increasing digitization and process optimization. UCMC will increase reliability and effectiveness for all users of Webex Calling with AT&T-Enterprise.
- In March 2021, Verizon introduced NaaS. This new SDN and NFV solution allow businesses to switch to a virtual infrastructure paradigm, resulting in more agility and on-demand resources.
- In December 2021, Aryaka Networks introduced an "all-in-one" SD-WAN and SASE solution for diverse businesses. This decision has helped to increase company flexibility and accelerate cloud adoption.
The Global NaaS Market is forecasted to continue an exponential growth that is witnessed since 2017, during the forecast period is also, primarily driven by rising demand due to increasing digital transformation through data and networking technologies, such as IoT, blockchain, cognitive, and advanced analytics intensifies the adoption of connectivity advances in various industry. Though the market is highly competitive with over 500 participants, few global players control the dominant share, and regional players also hold a significant share.
Note: This is an upcoming/planned report, so the figures quoted here for market size estimate, forecast, growth, segment share and competitive landscape are based on initial findings and might vary slightly in the actual report. Also, any required customizations can be covered to the best feasible extent for Pre-booking clients and report delivered within maximum 2 working weeks.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Snapshot of Global NaaS Market
- Industry Value Chain and Ecosystem Analysis
- Market size and Segmentation of Global NaaS Market
- Historic Growth of Overall Global NaaS Market and Segments
- Competition Scenario of the Market and Key Developments of Competitors
- Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of Global NaaS Industry
- Overview, Product Offerings, and SWOT Analysis of Key Competitors
- COVID 19 Impact on the Overall Global NaaS Market
- Future Market Forecast and Growth Rates of the Total Global NaaS Market and by Segments
- Market Size of Application / End User Segments with Historical CAGR and Future Forecasts
- Analysis of NaaS Market
- Major Production / Consumption Hubs in the Major within Each Region
- Major Production/Supply and Consumption/Demand Hubs within Each Major Country
- Major Country-wise Historic and Future Market Growth Rates of the Total Market and Segments
- Overview of Notable Emerging Competitor Companies within Each Region
Leading Companies Mentioned in the Report
- AT & T
- Aryaka Enterprises
- Juniper Network
- NEC Corporation
- Ciena Corporation
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
Time Period Captured in the Report
- Historical Period: 2017-2021
- Forecast Period: 2022-2028F
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report
- NaaS Solution Companies
- Potential Investors in NaaS Companies
- Software Solutions Providers
- Software Service Providers
- Government Investors
- Cloud Service Solution Providers
- Potential Investors for Cloud service
- Cloud Service Providers
- Cloud-based Companies
- Networking Companies
- Cloud Developers
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Study Period of this Market Report?
The Global NaaS Market is covered from 2017 – 2028 in this report, which includes a forecast for the period 2022-2028.
- What is the Future Growth Rate of Global NaaS Market?
The Global NaaS Market is expected to witness a CAGR of about 30% over the next 6 years.
- What are the Key Factors Driving the Global NaaS Market?
Rising demand for a cloud-based solution as this technology allows customers to use data from remote area as well, are expected to be the primary driver of this market.
- Which is the Largest Type Segment within the Global NaaS Market?
WAN holds the largest share of Global NaaS Market.
- Who are the Key Players in Global NaaS Market?
Verizon, Cisco, AT&T, Aryaka, Juniper Networks, NEC Corporation, VMware, Ciena Corporation, Telefonica, Cloudflare, Wipro, and Orange among others are the major companies operating in Global NaaS Market.
- 1. Executive Summary
1.1 Highlights of Global NaaS Market Historic Growth & Forecast
1.2 Highlights of Market Trends, Challenges, and Competition
1.3 Highlights of Market Revenue Share by Segments
- 2. Market Overview and Key Trends Impacting Growth
2.1 Global NaaS Market Taxonomy
2.2 Industry Value Chain
2.3 The Ecosystem of Major Entities in the Global NaaS Market
2.4 Government Regulations & Developments
2.5 Key Growth Drivers & Challenges Impacting the Market
2.6 COVID-19 Impact on Global NaaS Market
2.7 Total Global NaaS Market Historic Growth by Segment Type, 2017-2021
2.7.1 By Type
2.7.2 By Application
2.7.3 By Enterprises
2.7.4 By End-User
2.7.5 By Major Countries
2.8 Total Global NaaS Market Historic Growth and Forecast, 2017-2028
2.9 Key Takeaways
- 3. Global - Market Segmentation by Type, Historic Growth, Outlook & Forecasts
3.1 Market Definition - Segmentation by Type
3.2 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook and Forecasts by Technology, 2017-2028
3.2.3 Bandwidth on Demand
3.2.4 Data Connectivity Center
3.2.5 Key Takeaways from Market Segmentation by Type
- 4. Global- Market Segmentation by Application, Historic Growth, Outlook & Forecasts
4.1 Market Definition - Segmentation by Application
4.2 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Application, 2017-2028
4.2.1 Virtual Private Network
4.2.2 Content Delivery Network
4.2.3 Cloud Service Provider
4.2.4 UCaaS/ Video Conferencing
4.2.5 Integrated Network Security as a Service
4.2.6 Key Takeaways from Market Segmentation by Application
- 5. Global- Market Segmentation by Enterprises, Historic Growth, Outlook & Forecasts
5.1 Market Definition - Segmentation by Enterprises
5.2 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Enterprises, 2017-2028
5.2.1 Small and Medium Enterprises
5.2.2 Large Enterprises
5.2.3 Key Takeaways from Market Segmentation by Enterprises
- 6. Global- Market Segmentation by End-User, Historic Growth, Outlook & Forecasts
6.1 Market Definition - Segmentation by End-Users
6.2 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Enterprises, 2017-2028
6.2.3 Retail and ecommerce
6.2.6 Software and Technology
6.2.7 Media and Entertainment
6.2.10 Key Takeaways from Market Segmentation by End-Users
- 7. Industry / Competition Analysis - Competitive Landscape
7.1 Types of Players (Competitors) & Business Models
7.2 Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis of Global NaaS Market Competitors
7.3 Key Developments in the Global NaaS Sector Impacting Market Growth
7.4 Comparison of Leading Competitors within Global NaaS Market, 2021
7.5 Comparison of Leading Competitors within Global NaaS Market by Coverage of Type Segments, 2021
7.6 Comparison of Leading Competitors within Global NaaS Market by Coverage of Application, 2021
7.7 Comparison of Leading Competitors within Global NaaS Market by Coverage of Generation and Delivery Mode, 2021
7.8 Key Takeaways from Competitive Landscape
- 8. Key Competitor Profiles (Company Overview, Product Offerings, SWOT Analysis)
8.3 AT & T
8.4 Aryaka Networks
8.5 Juniper Networks
8.6 NEC Corporation
8.8 Ciena Corporation
- 9. Geographic Analysis & Major Region Market Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts
9.1 Major Region Comparison of Macroeconomic Factors
9.2 Global- Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook and Forecasts by Region, 2017-2028
9.3 Major Region Market Analysis, Historic Growth, Outlook & Forecasts
9.4 North America – NaaS Market Analysis
9.4.1 Major Production and Consumption Hubs in North America
9.4.2 Notable Emerging NaaS Companies in North America
9.4.3 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook and Forecasts by Type, 2017-2028
9.4.4 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Applications, 2017-2028
9.4.5 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook and Forecasts by Enterprises 2017-2028
9.4.6 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by End-User, 2017-2028
9.5 Europe – NaaS Market Analysis
9.5.1 Major Production and Consumption Hubs in Europe
9.5.2 Notable Emerging NaaS Companies in Europe
9.5.3 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook and Forecasts by Type, 2017-2028
9.5.4 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Applications, 2017-2028
9.5.5 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook and Forecasts by Enterprises 2017-2028
9.5.6 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by End-User, 2017-2028
9.6 Asia Pacific – NaaS Market Analysis
9.6.1 Major Production and Consumption Hubs in the Asia Pacific
9.6.2 Notable Emerging NaaS Companies in the Asia Pacific
9.6.3 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook and Forecasts by Type, 2017-2028
9.6.4 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Applications, 2017-2028
9.6.5 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook and Forecasts by Enterprises 2017-2028
9.6.6 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by End-User, 2017-2028
9.7 LAMAE – NaaS Market Analysis
9.7.1 Major Production and Consumption Hubs in LAMAE
9.7.2 Notable Emerging NaaS Companies in LAMAE
9.7.3 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook and Forecasts by Type, 2017-2028
9.7.4 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Applications, 2017-2028
9.7.5 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook and Forecasts by Enterprises 2017-2028
9.7.6 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by End-User, 2017-2028
9.7.7 Market Revenue Share, Historic Growth, Outlook, and Forecasts by Major Region , 2017-2028
- Latin America
- Middle East
- 10. Industry Expert’s Opinions/Perspectives
10.1 Notable Statements/Quotes from Industry Experts and C-Level Executives on Current Status and Future Outlook of the Market
- 11.Analyst Recommendation
11.1 Analyst Recommendations on Identified Major Opportunities and Potential Strategies to Gain from Opportunities
- 12. Appendix
12.1 Research Methodology - Market Size Estimation, Forecast, and Sanity Check Approach
12.2 Sample Discussion Guide
Leading Companies Mentioned in the Report
- AT & T
- Aryaka Enterprises
- Juniper Network
- NEC Corporation
- Ciena Corporation
Notable Emerging Companies Mentioned in the Report
Pre-book this report and get huge discount
Commercial Director (Indonesia Operations)| BDx Data Center Pte Ltd
We worked with Ken Research in early 2022 on a research project to gauge the potential of data center colocation services and competition analysis in Indonesia. We benefited from their expertise and straightforward approach, enabling us to gather crucial data using several methods. We have been so impressed with the standard of work delivered by Ken Research. They are lovely people committed to offering a quality service, and we have found them to be responsive, informed, thorough, and personable. The final presentation of results was incredibly well put together, delivered with clarity, and gave us more insight than we had hoped for. We have immediately instructed them to carry out further work for us as it is not often that services exceed your expectations.