Cigarettes in Guatemala, 2018
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Cigarettes in Guatemala, 2018
"Cigarettes in Guatemala, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Guatemalan market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The legitimate cigarette market in Guatemala stood at a forecasted 3,525 million pieces in 2017, which is more than double levels in 1990. Despite this, sales have been hit by growth in the non-duty paid sector during the past decade as well as wider factors such as restrictions on smoking in public places. Per capita consumption levels are up 21.9% on 1990, at 228 pieces in 2017.
- The legitimate cigarette market in Guatemala stood at a forecasted 3,525 million pieces in 2017, which is more than double levels in 1990. Despite this, sales have been hit by growth in the non-duty paid sector during the past decade as well as wider factors such as restrictions on smoking in public places. Per capita consumption levels are up 21.9% on 1990, at 228 pieces in 2017.
- The prospects for the market are for a fall in sales to 3,440 million pieces by 2027, representing a decline of 2.4% on 2017 levels. Annual per capita cigarette consumption is set to fall by 16.5% by 2027, to 190 pieces, remaining low by international comparison. Contraband will remain a problem with little evidence that current levels will be reduced.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 10
4. Manufacturers & Brands 13
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 18
5.1. Taxation 18
5.2. Retail Prices 18
6. The Smoking Population 19
7. Production and Trade 22
7.1. Production 22
7.2. Imports 24
7.3. Exports/Re-Exports 28
8. Operating Constraints 30
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 30
8.2. Health Warnings 31
8.3. Other Restrictions 32
9. Prospects & Forecasts 34
10. Appendix 36
10.1. What is this Report About? 36
10.2. Time Frame 37
10.3. Product Category Coverage 37
10.4. Methodology 38
10.5. About GlobalData 40
10.6. Disclaimer 41
10.7. Contact Us 42
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 39
Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance 41
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 7
Table 2: Duty Paid vs. Non-Duty Paid, 2009-2016 8
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 9
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2017, Million pieces 14
Table 5: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2017, % 15
Table 6: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 20
Table 7: Cigarette Production, 1990-2012, Million pieces 23
Table 8: Cigarette Imports , 1993-2016 25
Table 9: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2006-2016, Million pieces 26
Table 10: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2006-2016, % 27
Table 11: Cigarette Exports/Re-Exports, 1990-2016, Million Pieces 28
Table 12: Export by Country of Destination, 2006-2016, Million Pieces 29
Table 13: Export by Country of Destination, 2006-2016, % 29
Table 14: Consumption Forecasts, Million Pieces, 2017-2027 35
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Guatemala, Cigarettes, tobacco, smoking, production, imports, exports, companies, international brands, costs