Cigars and Cigarillos in Denmark, 2019
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Cigars and Cigarillos in Denmark, 2019
"Cigars and Cigarillos in Denmark, 2019", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Danish tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Denmark has long been an established market for cigar products despite consumption being in almost continuous decline until very recently. Small cigars and cigarillos is the largest sector within the market, with noticeable strengthening in its profile since 2007. The market is dominated by STG Denmark, which is a 100%-owned subsidiary of the Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG).
- As a share of total tobacco volumes, cigars and cigarillos amounted to 1.6% of the market in 2018.
- Imports were down on recent years at a reduced 75 tons in 2017.
- Denmark levies both a specific and an ad valorem excise duty on cigars and cigarillos, along with the general value added tax, which is applied at the nominal rate of 25%, equivalent to 20% of the retail price.
- The recent good progress made by the market came to an end during 2014 when a tax hike effectively removed the price advantage of cigarillos over manufactured cigarettes, resulting in a collapse in sales.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Tobacco products market, tons, %, 2008 & 2018
Tobacco products market, tons 2008-2018f
Market size and structure
Cigars & cigarillos consumption, pieces, 2008-2018f
Per capita consumption, pieces per year, 2008-2018f
Cigars & cigarillos: market segmentation, 2008-2018f
Small cigars/cigarillos, total & per capita consumption, 2008-2018f
Cheroots, total & per capita consumption, 2008-2018f
Large cigars, total & per capita consumption, 2008-2018f
Production and trade
Production & manufacturers' sales of cigars, cheroots & cigarillos, 2007-2017
Imports, tons, 2007-2017
Imports by country of origin, top countries, %, 2017
Imports of cigars & cigarillos, volume, %, 2007-2017
Imports of cigars & cigarillos, EUR 000, 2007-2017
Exports, tons, 2007-2017
Cigars & cigarillos: export orientation, 2007-2017
Exports by country of destination, top countries, %, 2017
Exports of cigars & cigarillos, volume, tons, 2007-2017
Exports of cigars & cigarillos, EUR 000, 2007-2017
Taxation and retail prices
EU: Cigars & cigarillos, tax incidence comparison, 2018
Retail price list, main brands, 2017
Manufacturers and brands
Cigars & cigarillos: manufacturer shares, volume, %, 2007-2017
Small cigars & cigarillos: manufacturer/importer shares, %, 2015 & 2016
Cigars and cigarillos: brand shares, volume %, 2007-2010 & 2013-2016
Cheroots: manufacturer shares, %, 2010-2017
Large cigars: manufacturer shares volume, %, 2010-2017
The smoking population
Adult smoking prevalence by gender, %, 2007-2017
Daily smokers by age group, regular & occasional, % 2017
Smoking prevalence by region, %, 2006, 2011 & 2013
Heath warnings and labeling requirements
Prospects and forecasts
Cigars & cigarillos consumption, million pieces, 2018-2028
Market forecasts, 2018-2028
Per capita consumption, pieces per year, 2018-2028
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Denmark, cigars, cigarillos, production, imports, exports, companies, forecast