Global Generics industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global generics market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- For the purposes of this profile, a generic drug is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
- The global generics market had total revenues of USD 307.6bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.9% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 70.2% in 2017.
- The US is the largest market in the world; it made up 33.5% of the global value in 2017. Other large markets include China, Japan, Germany, and India.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the generics market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalgenerics market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Global generics market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Global generics market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is the global's generics market in relation to its regional counterparts?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Market volume forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 16
New entrants 17
Threat of substitutes 19
Degree of rivalry 20
Leading Companies 22
Novartis AG 22
Pfizer Inc. 26
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd 30
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited 33
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global generics market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Global generics market volume: % of total pharma, 2013-17
Figure 3: Global generics market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Global generics market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Global generics market volume forecast: % of total pharma, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the global generics market, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the global generics market, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the global generics market, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global generics market, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global generics market, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global generics market, 2017
Figure 12: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Pfizer Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Pfizer Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 18: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 19: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Global generics market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Global generics market volume: % of total pharma, 2013-17
Table 3: Global generics market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Global generics market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Global generics market volume forecast: % of total pharma, 2017-22
Table 6: Novartis AG: key facts
Table 7: Novartis AG: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Novartis AG: key financial ratios
Table 9: Pfizer Inc.: key facts
Table 10: Pfizer Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Pfizer Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: key facts
Table 13: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: key financials (Rs.)
Table 15: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 16: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: key facts
Table 17: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 18: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: key financial ratios
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
Generics, MarketLine, Global
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"