US Location Analytics Industry Outlook to 2027
Driven by growing investment in location intelligence and transformation towards digital economy
About the Report
About the Report
The US location analytics market has been witnessing an increasing demand, as the year is passing by. Location analysis becomes essential to understand consumer behavior in order to develop market strategy. Apart from retail, the government in cities like Los Angeles & New York have been using location analytics services like Geohub & Blockfaces respectively, which play a role in using data about citizens’ movements across the locality & use data & technology to address the challenges faced by the citizens to improve urban infrastructure & resource allocation.
The development of more GIS software, Internet of Things (IoT) integration & cloud-based solutions made location analysis smooth & efficient for both large enterprises & small businesses. Location analysis uses data from network devices to help extract insights about end-user productivity & efficiency. It collects environmental, contextual & behavioral data from smart building infrastructure and IoT devices. The growth of e-commerce & demands for efficient last-mile delivery led to increased adoption of location analysis tools to manage infrastructure, public services & resource allocation more effectively.
US Location Analytics Market is a fairly consolidated market, which is catered by the domestic and international players which include multinational companies like Cisco & ESRI. Other major players operating within the industry include HERE Technologies, Alteryx, SAS Analytics etc. to name a few leading market players.
US Location Analytics Market Analysis
- Retail segment is expected to hold the largest share in the location analytics sector of United States. Location data serves as the driving force in the creation of a more unified omnichannel retail experience.
- In recent years, location analysis has been increasingly used in the retail sector for various purposes like improving Return on Investment (RoI), increasing sales, controlling costs, boosting customer satisfaction & building loyalty.
- The proliferation of connected devices has enabled geo-based marketing in the recent years. These connected devices frequently track their owners’ movements & wealth of geographical data is available. Marketing teams glean through the information & device strategies to reach their target customers.
- Mapbox, the leading maps & location platform, supporting a new generation of location aware applications, introduced new location intelligence platform updates at BUILD with Mapbox, in December 2022.
Key Trends by Market Segment:
By Product Type: This market is segmented into On-premise Analytical market & Cloud Market model. While On-premise occupies a significant share, cloud market has been the dominant form of market in 2022 because of the fact that multiple organizations have transitioned to working from home & there is an increasing demand for public-based web services.
By Application: US Location Analytics Market is divided into segments based on Applications, which include Retail, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Government. In the United States, the dominant industry is retail & ecommerce companies in 2022, which is useful for curating successful marketing campaigns & provide personalized shopping experience.
By Geography: The US location analysis market is segmented into four regions: West, East, South & North respectively. The West region, particularly the Silicon Valley in northern California has been the dominant market for location analytics because of various companies & start-ups which are emerging here, that contribute towards the prominence of location analytics & its usage in the region.
Tech Hub: The West boasts Silicon Valley, a renowned global tech hub that drives innovation and attracts businesses across sectors.
Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: The region's supportive environment for startups and entrepreneurs fosters economic growth and job creation.
Research Institutions: Leading research universities and institutions in the West contribute to advancements in various industries.
The USA location analytics market has been highly competitive with numerous players offering a wide range of products & services. The market has been characterized by those who are established technology giants & innovative start-ups vying for market share.
Key players in the US location analysis market includes ESRI, offering a wide range of geographic information solutions (GIS); Google whose location-based services are prominently used & HERE Technologies which offers services to industries like automotive, transportation & logistics.
Alongside established companies, there are several start-ups & niche players in the location analytics market that focus on industry-specific verticals or offer innovative approaches to location-based insights. These start-ups often cater to the growing demand of specialized location solutions in areas like retail, transportations, smart cities, healthcare & real estates.
- HERE Global BV announced the launch of its new HERE Advanced Real Time Traffic service. It introduces new lane level information & expands inner city coverage to help drivers reach their destinations more efficiently & stress free.
- Kloudspot Inc. announced its partnership with Cisco Meraki to help organizations offer safer & smarter workplaces experiences for customers & employees. The Kloudspot Platform & Kloud Vision combine real-time location intelligence & video analytics collected from Cisco Meraki Institute platform to integrate security features like automated triggers & PPE compliance monitoring.
- Ericsson & T-Systems offer campus network solutions worldwide. The partnership delivers an integrated end-to-end location solution to directly meet the site connectivity needs of enterprise customers through high quality seamless service. This solution delivers high volume on-site data processing & security measures.
US Location Analytics Industry is expected to show increasing and is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~18% from 2022 to 2027 with various initiatives by the public & private sector to ensure there is location-based data collected securely for serving their customers.
- The US location analytics market is driven towards growth across various industries, as they realize the value of spatial data in making informal decisions. The increasing availability of geospatial data, advancement in technology for data-driven insights could drive further adoption.
- Location Analytics is likely to integrate with emerging technology like 5G, Internet of Things (IoT) & artificial intelligence. The combination of real time location data, high speed connectivity & data analytics can lead to accurate & dynamic insights.
User-friendly data visualization tools will become more important as non-technical users rely on location analytics. Intuitive dashboards & interactive maps can empower decision makers.
Scope Of The Report
Scope of the Report
US Location Analytics Market Segmentation
By Product Type
· Cloud Market
Key Target Audience – Organizations and Entities Who Can Benefit by Subscribing This Report:
- Businesses & Corporations
- Government agencies
- New Market Entrants
- Real Estate & Property Developers
- Retail & Hospitality Industry
- Healthcare Providers
- Financial Institutions
- Urban Planners & City management
- Research Analysts
Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period: 2017-2022
- Base Year: 2022
- Forecast Period: 2022-2027
Major Players Mentioned in the Report:
- SAS Analytics
- HERE Technologies Ltd.
- Smartgeo Consulting
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2. US Location Analytics Market Overview
2.1 Taxonomy of the US Location Analytics Market
2.2 Industry Value Chain
2.4 Government Regulations/Initiatives for the US Location Analytics Market
2.5 Growth Drivers of the US Location Analytics Market
2.6 Issues and Challenges of the US Location Analytics Market
2.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the US Location Analytics Market
2.8 SWOT Analysis
3. US Location Analytics Market Size, 2017 – 2022
4. US Location Analytics Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type, 2017 - 2022
4.2 By Application, 2017 - 2022
4.3 By Regional Split (North/East/West/South), 2017 – 2022
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.3 Company Profiles – (Top 5 - 7 Major Players)
5.3.4 SAS Analytics
5.3.5 HERE Technologies Ltd.
5.3.7 Smartgeo Consulting
6. US Location Analytics Future Market Size, 2022 – 2027
7. US Location Analytics Future Market Segmentation
7.1 By Product Type, 2022 - 2027
7.2 By Application, 2022 - 2027
7.3 By Regional Split (North/East/West/South/Central), 2022 - 2027
8. Analyst Recommendations
9. Research Methodology
11. Contact Us
Step 1: Identifying Key Variables: Ecosystem creation for all the major entities and referring to multiple secondary and proprietary databases to perform desk research around market to collate industry level information.
Step 2: Market Building: Collating statistics on location analytics over the years, penetration of marketplaces and service providers ratio to compute revenue generated for location services. We will also review service quality statistics to understand revenue generated which can ensure accuracy behind the data points shared.
Step 3: Validating and Finalizing: Building market hypothesis and conducting CATIs with industry exerts belonging to different companies to validate statistics and seek operational and financial information from company representatives.
Step 4: Research output: Our team has approached multiple location analytics services providing channels and understanded nature of product segments and sales, consumer preference and other parameters, which supported us validate statistics derived through bottom to top approach from location analytics providers.
For any queries related to research methodology, click here to schedule a call with our analysts
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How big is the location analytics market in the US?
US Location Analytics Market is at $10 billion in 2023
How is location analytics relevant to the US market?
Increased demand for location based services, rising demand of IoT & data driven decision making is leading to increased demand for location analytics.
What is the future of location analytics market in USA?
The US Location Analytics market is expected to grow at $50 billion till 2027.
What are the two categories of location analytics?
There are two basic kinds of location analytics: Vector Data & Raster Data. Vector uses points, lines & polygons to represent cfeatures like cities. Raster uses cells to represent spatial features.
Ans US Location Analytics Market is at $10 billion in 2023
Which sector has the highest location analytics size in USA?
In the United States, retail & ecommerce segments are expected to dominate the market for marketing campaigns & personalised shopping experience
Pre-book this report and get huge discount
Why Buy From US?
What makes us stand out is that our consultants follows Robust, Refine and Result (RRR) methodology. i.e. Robust for clear definitions, approaches and sanity checking, Refine for differentiating respondents facts and opinions and Result for presenting data with story
We have set a benchmark in the industry by offering our clients with syndicated and customized market research reports featuring coverage of entire market as well as meticulous research and analyst insights.
While we don't replace traditional research, we flip the method upside down. Our dual approach of Top Bottom & Bottom Top ensures quality deliverable by not just verifying company fundamentals but also looking at the sector and macroeconomic factors.
With one step in the future, our research team constantly tries to show you the bigger picture. We help with some of the tough questions you may encounter along the way: How is the industry positioned? Best marketing channel? KPI's of competitors? By aligning every element, we help maximize success.
Our report gives you instant access to the answers and sources that other companies might choose to hide. We elaborate each steps of research methodology we have used and showcase you the sample size to earn your trust.
If you need any support, we are here! We pride ourselves on universe strength, data quality, and quick, friendly, and professional service.