Ecolab Inc (ECL)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Ecolab Inc (Ecolab) provides water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. It offers solutions and services such as cleaning and sanitizing programs and products, pest elimination services, and equipment maintenance and repair services. The company caters to foodservice, food and beverage processing, government and education, hospitality, healthcare, retail, textile care and commercial facilities management sectors. Ecolab's chemicals and technologies are also used in water treatment, steelmaking, oil production and refining, pollution control, energy conservation, mining, papermaking and other industrial processes. The company operates its business through affiliates and subsidiaries spread across Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), Latin America, and the US. Ecolab is headquartered at St. Paul, Minnesota the US.
Ecolab Inc Key Recent Developments
Oct 01,2018: Ecolab Obtains First-to-Market EPA-Registered Laundry Disinfectant Claim against Clostridium difficile
Jul 31,2018: Ecolab Second Quarter Reported Diluted EPS USD 1.20; Adjusted Diluted EPS USD 1.27, +13%; Full Year 2018 Adjusted Diluted EPS Forecast USD 5.30 to USD 5.50 +13%-18%
May 23,2018: Ecolab Manufacturing Facilities in California Receive Alliance for Water Stewardship Certification
Feb 20,2018: Ecolab Fourth Quarter Reported Diluted EPS USD 1.93; Adjusted Diluted EPS USD 1.39, +11%; Expects Full Year 2018 Adjusted Diluted EPS +12%-16% to USD 5.25 to USD 5.45 Range
Jun 20,2017: Ecolab Helped Businesses Conserve 161 Billion Gallons of Water in 2016
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Ecolab Inc-Key Facts 6
Ecolab Inc-Key Employees 7
Ecolab Inc-Key Employee Biographies 9
Ecolab Inc-Major Products and Services 10
Ecolab Inc-History 11
Ecolab Inc-Company Statement 15
Ecolab Inc-Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2-Company Analysis 21
Company Overview 21
Ecolab Inc-Business Description 22
Business Segment: Global Energy 22
Business Segment: Global Industrial 22
Business Segment: Global Institutional 22
Business Segment: Other 23
Geographical Segment: Asia Pacific, excluding Greater China 23
Geographical Segment: Canada 23
Geographical Segment: Europe 23
Geographical Segment: Greater China 23
Geographical Segment: Latin America 24
Geographical Segment: MEA 24
Geographical Segment: US 24
Ecolab Inc-SWOT Analysis 25
SWOT Analysis-Overview 25
Ecolab Inc-Strengths 25
Ecolab Inc-Weaknesses 26
Ecolab Inc-Opportunities 27
Ecolab Inc-Threats 28
Ecolab Inc-Key Competitors 29
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 30
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 30
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 31
Performance Chart 34
Financial Performance 34
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 35
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 36
Ecolab Inc, Recent Deals Summary 37
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 38
Oct 01, 2018: Ecolab Obtains First-to-Market EPA-Registered Laundry Disinfectant Claim against Clostridium difficile 38
Jul 31, 2018: Ecolab Second Quarter Reported Diluted EPS USD 1.20; Adjusted Diluted EPS USD 1.27, +13%; Full Year 2018 Adjusted Diluted EPS Forecast USD 5.30 to USD 5.50 +13%-18% 39
Jul 31, 2018: Ecolab Second Quarter Reported Diluted EPS USD 1.20; Adjusted Diluted EPS USD 1.27, +13%; Full Year 2018 Adjusted Diluted EPS Forecast USD 5.30 to USD 5.50 +13%-18% 43
May 23, 2018: Ecolab Manufacturing Facilities in California Receive Alliance for Water Stewardship Certification 47
Feb 20, 2018: Ecolab Fourth Quarter Reported Diluted EPS USD 1.93; Adjusted Diluted EPS USD 1.39, +11%; Expects Full Year 2018 Adjusted Diluted EPS +12%-16% to USD 5.25 to USD 5.45 Range 48
Jun 20, 2017: Ecolab Helped Businesses Conserve 161 Billion Gallons of Water in 2016 52
May 02, 2017: Ecolab First Quarter Reported Diluted EPS USD 0.86 Adjusted Diluted EPS USD 0.80, +4% Expects Full Year 2017 Adjusted Diluted EPS of USD 4.70 to USD 4.90 53
Mar 21, 2017: Ecolab, Trucost and Microsoft Collaborate to Help Businesses Address Water Risks 56
Feb 21, 2017: Ecolab reports higher Q4 net income, provides outlook for 2017 57
Section 5-Appendix 58
Ratio Definitions 58
About GlobalData 62
Contact Us 62
List of Figures
Ecolab Inc, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 34
Ecolab Inc, Ratio Charts 36
List of Tables
Ecolab Inc, Key Facts 6
Ecolab Inc, Key Employees 7
Ecolab Inc, Key Employee Biographies 9
Ecolab Inc, Major Products and Services 10
Ecolab Inc, History 11
Ecolab Inc, Subsidiaries 16
Ecolab Inc, Key Competitors 29
Ecolab Inc, Ratios based on current share price 30
Ecolab Inc, Annual Ratios 31
Ecolab Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 32
Ecolab Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 33
Ecolab Inc, Interim Ratios 35
Ecolab Inc, Recent Deals Summary 37
Currency Codes 58
Capital Market Ratios 58
Equity Ratios 59
Profitability Ratios 59
Cost Ratios 60
Liquidity Ratios 60
Leverage Ratios 61
Efficiency Ratios 61
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
The ServiceMaster Company, LLC
The Procter & Gamble Co
Sealed Air Corporation
Church & Dwight Co Inc
Cameron International Corp
Ecolab Inc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"