Construction in Australia
Construction in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Australia construction market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The construction industry is defined as the value of work put in place annually in the residential and non-residential segments. Civil engineering work is excluded. Where possible data has not been seasonally adjusted.
- The Australian construction industry had total revenues of USD 83.8bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The residential construction segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 54.4bn, equivalent to 64.9% of the industry's overall value
- Increased mortgage lending amid a series of interest rates cuts has fueled demand in the residential construction segment, inflating property prices.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the construction market in Australia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the construction market in Australia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key construction market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia construction market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Australia construction market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Australia construction market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia construction market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Australia's construction market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
Alcock Brown-Neaves Group 23
BGC Limited 24
Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd. 25
Watpac Limited 29
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Tables
Table 1: Australia construction industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Australia construction industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Australia construction industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Australia construction industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Alcock Brown-Neaves Group: key facts
Table 6: BGC Limited: key facts
Table 7: Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.: key facts
Table 8: Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.: key financials (JPY)
Table 10: Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.: key financial ratios
Table 11: Watpac Limited: key facts
Table 12: Watpac Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Watpac Limited: key financials (AUSD )
Table 14: Watpac Limited: key financial ratios
Table 15: Australia size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: Australia gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Australia gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Australia inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: Australia consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: Australia exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Australia construction industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Australia construction industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Australia construction industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Australia construction industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the construction industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the construction industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the construction industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the construction industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the construction industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the construction industry in Australia, 2017
Figure 11: Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Watpac Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Watpac Limited: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Alcock Brown-Neaves Group
Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.
Construction and Real Estate, MarketLine, Australia
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"