Construction in Denmark-Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022
In real terms, the Danish construction industry registered an average annual growth rate of 2.5% during the review period (2013-2017). This growth can be attributed to ongoing government and private sector investment across the transport, residential and commercial buildings segments.
The industry is expected to continue to expand in real terms over the forecast period (2018-2022), with investments in transport infrastructure construction, healthcare, manufacturing industry, educational facilities and housing projects continuing to drive growth. In order to develop the country's transport infrastructure, the government plans to invest over DKK100.0 billion (USD 15.1 billion) by 2020.
The government's focus on the development of energy infrastructure, particularly renewable energy, will also drive forecast-period growth. The government aims to generate 50% of the country's energy needs from renewable sources by 2030. This will drive public and private sector investments in various renewable energy infrastructure projects over the forecast period.
The industry's output value in real terms is expected to record a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.94% over the forecast period, compared to 3.31% during the review period.
GlobalData's "Construction in Denmark-Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022", report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Danish construction industry, including-
- The Danish construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in the Danish construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
- GlobalData expects the residential construction market to retain its leading position over the forecast period, with a share of 42.7% of the industry's total value in 2022, driven by the increasing demand for housing due to the country's rising population, ongoing urbanization and positive developments in regional economic conditions.
- Forecast-period industry output will be supported by government's focus on renewable energy which will drive growth in the energy and utilities construction market. The government aims to make energy generation in country fossil fuel-free by 2050. In April 2018, the government launched its 'Energy For a Green Denmark' policy, with the aim of phasing out all coal fueled power plants and producing 50% of the total energy requirement from renewable sources by 2030.
- GlobalData expects commercial construction market output to record a forecast-period CAGR of 4.18% in nominal terms, driven by rising consumer and investor confidence, positive developments in domestic and regional economic conditions and growth in the retail and tourism sectors.
- In order to reduce traffic congestion levels, the government is focusing on the development of light rail in major cities across the country. In order to connect the suburbs of Copenhagen, the government plans to invest DKK5.1 billion (USD 805.4 million) to build a new light rail by 2020.
- The total construction project pipeline in Denmark-as tracked by GlobalData and including all mega projects with a value above USD 25 million-stands at DKK516.9 billion (USD 78.3 billion). The pipeline, which includes all projects from pre-planning to execution, is relatively skewed towards late-stage projects, with 58.2% of the pipeline value being in projects in the pre-execution and execution stages as of October 2018.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Denmark and also provides-
- Historical (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2022) valuations of the construction industry in Denmark, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants.
Reasons to buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Table of Contents
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2
2. CONSTRUCTION OUTLOOK: AT-A-GLANCE 3
3. LATEST NEWS AND INDICATORS 9
4. KEY DRIVERS AND RISKS 11
4.1. Economic Performance 11
4.2. Political Environment 11
4.3. Demographics 11
4.4. Risk Profile 12
5. CONSTRUCTION OUTLOOK 13
5.1. All Construction 13
5.1.1. Outlook 13
5.1.2. Project analytics 16
5.2. Commercial Construction 19
5.2.1. Outlook 19
5.2.2. Project analytics 21
5.3. Industrial Construction 23
5.3.1. Outlook 23
5.3.2. Project analytics 24
5.4. Infrastructure Construction 26
5.4.1. Outlook 26
5.4.2. Project analytics 27
5.5. Energy and Utilities Construction 29
5.5.1. Outlook 29
5.5.2. Project analytics 30
5.6. Institutional Construction 32
5.6.1. Outlook 32
5.6.2. Project analytics 33
5.7. Residential Construction 35
5.7.1. Outlook 35
5.7.2. Project analytics 36
6. KEY INDUSTRY PARTICIPANTS 38
6.1. Contractors 38
6.2. Consultants 40
7. APPENDIX 42
7.1. What is this Report About? 42
7.2. Definitions 42
8. ABOUT GLOBALDATA 46
8.1. GlobalData at a Glance 46
8.2. GlobalData Construction 47
8.3. Disclaimer 48
8.4. Contact Us 48
List of Figures
Figure 1: Key Markets, Construction Output Growth Matrix and Risk Matrix 3
Figure 2: Denmark, Construction Projects Pipeline by Sector (DKK Billion) 3
Figure 3: Denmark, Total Mortgage Loan Issued (DKK, Billion) 9
Figure 4: Denmark, Risk Profile, Q3 2017 12
Figure 5: Denmark, Risk Comparison, Q3 2018 12
Figure 6: Denmark, Construction Output Value (Real, USD billion, 2017 prices and exchange rate) 14
Figure 7: Denmark, Construction Output Value, Growth Matrix 14
Figure 8: Denmark, Construction Output Value, by Sector (DKK Million), 2013-2022 15
Figure 9: Denmark, Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (DKK Million), 2017-2022 16
Figure 10: Denmark, Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (DKK Million) 16
Figure 11: Denmark, Commercial Construction Output by Project Type (DKK Million), 2013-2022 20
Figure 12: Denmark, Commercial Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (DKK Million) 21
Figure 13: Denmark, Commercial Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (DKK Million) 22
Figure 14: Denmark, Industrial Construction Output by Project Type (DKK Million), 2013-2022 23
Figure 15: Denmark, Industrial Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (DKK Million) 24
Figure 16: Denmark, Industrial Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (DKK Million) 25
Figure 17: Denmark, Infrastructure Construction Output by Project Type (DKK Million), 2013-2022 26
Figure 18: Denmark, Infrastructure Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (DKK Million) 27
Figure 19: Denmark, Infrastructure Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (DKK Million) 27
Figure 20: Denmark, Energy and Utilities Construction Output by Project Type (DKK Million), 2013-2022 29
Figure 21: Denmark, Energy and Utilities Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (DKK Million) 30
Figure 22: Denmark, Energy and Utilities Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (DKK Million) 31
Figure 23: Denmark, Institutional Construction Output by Project Type (DKK Million), 2013-2022 32
Figure 24: Denmark, Institutional Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (DKK Million) 33
Figure 25: Denmark, Institutional Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (DKK Million) 34
Figure 26: Denmark, Residential Construction Output by Project Type (DKK Million), 2013-2022 35
Figure 27: Denmark, Residential Construction Projects Pipeline, Value by Stage (DKK Million) 36
Figure 28: Denmark, Residential Construction Projects Pipeline, Projected Annual Spending by Stage (DKK Million) 37
Figure 29: Denmark, Headquarters of Key Contractors (% of Total Project Pipeline) 39
Figure 30: Denmark, Headquarters of Foreign Contractors (% of Project Pipeline with Foreign Contractor) 39
Figure 31: Denmark, Headquarters of Key Consultants (% of Total Project Pipeline) 41
Figure 32: Denmark, Headquarters of Foreign Consultants (% of Project Pipeline with Foreign Consultants) 41
List of Tables
Table 1: Construction Outlook 3
Table 2: Denmark, Key Economic Indicators 11
Table 3: Denmark, Construction Output Value (nominal, DKK Million) 17
Table 4: Denmark, Construction Output Value (nominal, USD Million) 18
Table 5: Denmark, Top Commercial Construction Projects by Value 22
Table 6: Denmark, Top Industrial Construction Projects by Value 25
Table 7: Denmark, Top Infrastructure Construction Projects by Value 28
Table 8: Denmark, Top Energy and Utilities Construction Projects by Value 31
Table 9: Denmark, Top Institutional Construction Projects by Value 34
Table 10: Denmark, Top Residential and Mixed-Use Construction Projects by Value 37
Table 11: Denmark, Key Contractors 38
Table 12: Denmark, Key Consultants 40
Table 13: GlobalData Construction Market Definitions 43
Table 14: Construction Risk Index Ratings and Scores 45
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Construction, Danish Construction Industry, Commercial Construction, Institutional Construction, Industrial Construction, Infrastructure Construction, Residential Construction, Energy and Utilities Construction
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"