Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd (6302)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd (Sumitomo) is a manufacturer of industrial machinery. The company offers a range of products, which include pumps, steam turbines, energy plants, iron and steel manufacturing machinery, cryogenics, environmental systems. It also provides water treatment plants, air pollution-control facilities, laser systems, plasma coating systems, ships, bridges, steel structures, tunneling machines. Sumitomo manufactures medical instruments, power transmission and control products, plastics machinery and logistics systems. The company is also involved in software development, security services, and non-destructive inspection activities. It operates in Japan, East Asia, Southeast Asia, Oceania, Europe, Latin America and China. Sumitomo is headquartered in Tokyo, Shinagawa-ku, Japan.
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd Key Recent Developments
Oct 12,2018: Thenamaris Adds One More LNG Carrier at HHI
Jul 09,2018: SHI Secures an Order from Kanda Biomass Energy K.K.
Apr 25,2018: SHI Secures Order for a 75 MW Dedicated Biomass Combustion Power Plant
Feb 28,2018: Sumitomo Heavy Industries Secures Order for a Dedicated Biomass Combustion Power Plant from Chubu Electric Power
Aug 07,2017: Sini Spets Appointed Senior Vice President, HR and Innovation of Sumitomo SHI FW
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-Key Facts 6
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-Key Employees 7
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-Key Employee Biographies 9
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-Major Products and Services 10
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-History 12
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-Company Statement 15
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2-Company Analysis 19
Company Overview 19
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-Business Description 20
Business Segment: Construction Machinery 20
Business Segment: Environmental Facilities & Plants 20
Business Segment: Industrial Machinery 20
Business Segment: Machinery Components 21
Business Segment: Precision Machinery 21
Business Segment: Ships 21
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis-Overview 22
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-Strengths 22
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-Weaknesses 23
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-Opportunities 24
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-Threats 25
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd-Key Competitors 26
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 33
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 34
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 35
Jul 09, 2018: SHI Secures an Order from Kanda Biomass Energy K.K. 35
Apr 25, 2018: SHI Secures Order for a 75 MW Dedicated Biomass Combustion Power Plant 36
Apr 25, 2018: SHI Secures Order for a 75 MW Dedicated Biomass Combustion Power Plant 37
Aug 07, 2017: Sini Spets Appointed Senior Vice President, HR and Innovation of Sumitomo SHI FW 38
Jul 11, 2017: Sumitomo secures contract to build recycled wood fired CFB boiler in Sweden 39
Section 5-Appendix 40
Ratio Definitions 40
About GlobalData 44
Contact Us 44
List of Figures
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 31
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Ratio Charts 33
List of Tables
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Key Facts 6
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Key Employees 7
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Key Employee Biographies 9
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Major Products and Services 10
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, History 12
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Other Locations 16
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Subsidiaries 17
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Key Competitors 26
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 27
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Annual Ratios 28
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 30
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Interim Ratios 32
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 34
Currency Codes 40
Capital Market Ratios 40
Equity Ratios 41
Profitability Ratios 41
Cost Ratios 42
Liquidity Ratios 42
Leverage Ratios 43
Efficiency Ratios 43
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
NIC Autotec, Inc.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd
Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd
Hitachi Zosen Corp
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"