Media in Canada
Media in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Canada media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Canadian media industry had total revenues of USD 10.2bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -4.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 4.6bn, equivalent to 44.8% of the industry's overall value.
- Declines in this industry have been particularly driven by the downward trend of revenues in publishing. The newspaper and magazine publishing segments of this industry have been struggling with both falling circulation rates and tumbling advertising revenues.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Canada
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Canada
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Canada media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Canada's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 25
Bertelsmann AG 25
Corus Entertainment Inc. 29
Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. 32
Publicis Groupe SA 36
Macroeconomic Indicators 40
Country data 40
Industry associations 43
Related MarketLine research 43
About MarketLine 44
List of Figures
Figure 1: Canada media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Canada media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Canada media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Canada media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Canada, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Canada, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Canada, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Canada, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Canada, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Canada, 2017
Figure 11: Bertelsmann AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Bertelsmann AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Corus Entertainment Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Corus Entertainment Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Publicis Groupe SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Publicis Groupe SA: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Canada media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Canada media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Canada media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Canada media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Bertelsmann AG: key facts
Table 6: Bertelsmann AG: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Bertelsmann AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 8: Bertelsmann AG: key financial ratios
Table 9: Corus Entertainment Inc.: key facts
Table 10: Corus Entertainment Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Corus Entertainment Inc.: key financials (CUSD )
Table 12: Corus Entertainment Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 13: Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.: key facts
Table 14: Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.: key financial ratios
Table 16: Publicis Groupe SA: key facts
Table 17: Publicis Groupe SA: key financials (USD )
Table 18: Publicis Groupe SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 19: Publicis Groupe SA: key financial ratios
Table 20: Canada size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 21: Canada gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Canada gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 23: Canada inflation, 2013-17
Table 24: Canada consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 25: Canada exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"