Metals & Mining in France
Metals & Mining in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the France metals & mining market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The metals & mining industry consists of the aluminum, iron & steel, precious metals & minerals, coal and base metal markets.
- The French metals and mining industry had total revenues of USD 15.2bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- Production volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.3% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 26.6 million ton in 2017.
- The industry declined significantly in 2015 because of cheap imports, mainly from China, flooding the market and lowering the value of steel.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the metals & mining market in France
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the metals & mining market in France
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key metals & mining market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the France metals & mining market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the France metals & mining market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the France metals & mining market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the France metals & mining market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up France's metals & mining market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 21
Threat of substitutes 23
Degree of rivalry 25
Leading Companies 27
Marcegaglia SpA 31
Rio Tinto 32
Riva Group 37
Macroeconomic Indicators 40
Country data 40
Industry associations 43
Related MarketLine research 43
About MarketLine 44
List of Figures
Figure 1: France metals & mining industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: France metals & mining industry volume: thousand ton, 2013-17
Figure 3: France metals & mining industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: France metals & mining industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: France metals & mining industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: France metals & mining industry volume forecast: thousand ton, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the metals & mining industry in France, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the metals & mining industry in France, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the metals & mining industry in France, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the metals & mining industry in France, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the metals & mining industry in France, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the metals & mining industry in France, 2017
Figure 13: ArcelorMittal: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: ArcelorMittal: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Rio Tinto: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Rio Tinto: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Riva Group: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Riva Group: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: France metals & mining industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: France metals & mining industry volume: thousand ton, 2013-17
Table 3: France metals & mining industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: France metals & mining industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: France metals & mining industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: France metals & mining industry volume forecast: thousand ton, 2017-22
Table 7: ArcelorMittal: key facts
Table 8: ArcelorMittal: key financials (USD )
Table 9: ArcelorMittal: key financial ratios
Table 10: Marcegaglia SpA: key facts
Table 11: Rio Tinto: key facts
Table 12: Rio Tinto: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Rio Tinto: key financial ratios
Table 14: Riva Group: key facts
Table 15: Riva Group: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Riva Group: key financials (EUR)
Table 17: Riva Group: key financial ratios
Table 18: France size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 19: France gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: France gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: France inflation, 2013-17
Table 22: France consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 23: France exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Metals & Mining, Metal Ore Mining, MarketLine, France
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"