Metals & Mining in Germany
Metals & Mining in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany metals & mining market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The metals & mining industry consists of the aluminum, iron & steel, precious metals & minerals, coal and base metal markets.
- The German metals and mining industry had total revenues of USD 55.4bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- Production volumes declined with a CARC of -1.4% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 226.1 million ton in 2017.
- In 2017, Germany's metals and mining industry was the largest in Europe, making up 17.5% of the total market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the metals & mining market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the metals & mining market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key metals & mining market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany metals & mining market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Germany metals & mining market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Germany metals & mining market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany metals & mining market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Germany's metals & mining market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 21
Threat of substitutes 23
Degree of rivalry 25
Leading Companies 27
Alcoa Corp 27
Heraeus Holding GmbH 30
Norsk Hydro ASA 31
ThyssenKrupp AG 35
Macroeconomic Indicators 39
Country data 39
Industry associations 42
Related MarketLine research 42
About MarketLine 43
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany metals & mining industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Germany metals & mining industry volume: thousand ton, 2013-17
Figure 3: Germany metals & mining industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Germany metals & mining industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Germany metals & mining industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Germany metals & mining industry volume forecast: thousand ton, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the metals & mining industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the metals & mining industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the metals & mining industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the metals & mining industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the metals & mining industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the metals & mining industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 13: Alcoa Corp: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Norsk Hydro ASA: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Norsk Hydro ASA: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: ThyssenKrupp AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: ThyssenKrupp AG: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany metals & mining industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Germany metals & mining industry volume: thousand ton, 2013-17
Table 3: Germany metals & mining industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Germany metals & mining industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: Germany metals & mining industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Germany metals & mining industry volume forecast: thousand ton, 2017-22
Table 7: Alcoa Corp: key facts
Table 8: Alcoa Corp: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Alcoa Corp: key financial ratios
Table 10: Heraeus Holding GmbH: key facts
Table 11: Norsk Hydro ASA: key facts
Table 12: Norsk Hydro ASA: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Norsk Hydro ASA: key financials (NOK)
Table 14: Norsk Hydro ASA: key financial ratios
Table 15: ThyssenKrupp AG: key facts
Table 16: ThyssenKrupp AG: key financials (USD )
Table 17: ThyssenKrupp AG: key financials (EUR)
Table 18: ThyssenKrupp AG: key financial ratios
Table 19: Germany size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 20: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Germany gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 22: Germany inflation, 2013-17
Table 23: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 24: Germany exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Heraeus Holding GmbH
Norsk Hydro ASA
Metals & Mining, Metal Ore Mining, MarketLine, Germany
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"