Eye Consultations and Eye Surgeries are expected to grow at a CAGR of about 4% and 3% respectively by 2025, as per a report by Ken Research
1. Key Eye Ailment Trends in Thailand- gauging the depth of diseases.
Challenges Faced by Ophthalmology Industry in Other Countries
Cataract is more common in rural regions and remote districts, with a prevalence rate of 70-80% who require treatment vs a 20-30% rate in cities and towns; difficulty of getting proper treatment in rural areas, hesitancy to travel & a fear of treatment account for the same.
Lens disorder was the major cause of admission amongst working-age people, followed by conjunctivitis, keratitis, retinal detachment /breaks and glaucoma.
2. Government Initiatives to Promote Superior Eye-Care in Thailand- Democratizing Eye Care & Mitigating Cataract, at the centre of the Thai Government’s Mind-set
To learn more about this report Download a Free Sample Report
- The country offers a Cataract Surgery coverage through its Universal Health Coverage Scheme, to the tune of 96%.
- The NHSO (National Health Security Office) sanctioned 120,00 state-sponsored operations for Cataract in the year 2019.
- Thailand has included eye care in its Universal Coverage Scheme (primary social health insurance program in the country), which covers ~75% of the country’s population.
- Preventive program providing training courses on ophthalmology for physicians at state hospitals & health centers, launched by NHSO in 2019; training jointly hosted by NHSO & Royal College of Ophthalmologists, Thailand.
3. Multi-Specialty Hospital is dominating the Eye Care Treatment in Thailand.
Visit this Link: – Request for custom report
- Medical tourism popularity of Thailand, surgery-specialized ophthalmologists in hospitals, brand goodwill & specialized equipment of hospitals help Multi-Specialty Hospitals lead ophthalmic surgeries in Thailand.
- Single-Specialty Hospitals is contributing around 25% to consultation revenues in Thailand in 2020, while Multi-Specialty Hospitals lead and make up the rest 75% .
- Higher no. of clinics, higher average consultation price, better trustability and qualifications of ophthalmologists all contributing to higher share of Multi-Specialty hospitals in Consultation revenues.