Aquaculture in Egypt
Aquaculture in Egypt industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Egypt aquaculture market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The aquaculture industry is defined as production through the farming of aquatic organisms, in both inland waters and marine areas, including: freshwater fish, marine fish, diadromous fish, molluscs, and crustaceans.
- The Egyptian aquaculture industry had total revenues of USD 1,785.0m in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -3.8% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry production volume increased with a CAGR of 7.3% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 1,455.8 thousand tonnes in 2017.
- Egypt has faced issues in its aquaculture industry recently, including disease and poor water quality, which contributed to declines seen prior to 2017. Despite this, Egypt has the largest aquaculture industry in Africa. Egyptian aquaculture currently provides almost 79% of the country's fish needs, with almost all the output coming from small and medium sized privately-owned farms.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the aquaculture market in Egypt
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the aquaculture market in Egypt
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key aquaculture market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Egypt aquaculture market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Egypt aquaculture market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Egypt aquaculture market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Egypt aquaculture market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Egypt's aquaculture market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 19
New entrants 21
Threat of substitutes 23
Degree of rivalry 24
Leading Companies 25
Al Reda Fish Company 25
Wadi Holdings SAE 26
Macroeconomic Indicators 27
Country data 27
Industry associations 30
Related MarketLine research 30
About MarketLine 31
List of Figures
Figure 1: Egypt aquaculture industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Egypt aquaculture industry volume: thousand tonnes, 2013-17
Figure 3: Egypt aquaculture industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Egypt aquaculture industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Egypt aquaculture industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Egypt aquaculture industry volume forecast: thousand tonnes, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the aquaculture industry in Egypt, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the aquaculture industry in Egypt, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the aquaculture industry in Egypt, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the aquaculture industry in Egypt, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the aquaculture industry in Egypt, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the aquaculture industry in Egypt, 2017
List of Tables
Table 1: Egypt aquaculture industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Egypt aquaculture industry volume: thousand tonnes, 2013-17
Table 3: Egypt aquaculture industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Egypt aquaculture industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: Egypt aquaculture industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: Egypt aquaculture industry volume forecast: thousand tonnes, 2017-22
Table 7: Al Reda Fish Company: key facts
Table 8: Wadi Holdings SAE: key facts
Table 9: Egypt size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 10: Egypt gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 11: Egypt gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 12: Egypt inflation, 2013-17
Table 13: Egypt consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 14: Egypt exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"