Seaboard Corp (SEB)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Seaboard Corp (Seaboard) is a global agribusiness and transportation company. The company is primarily involved in the production and processing of pork and ocean transportation. Its operations also include commodity merchandising, grain processing, sugar production, and electricity generation. Beside these, the company sources and processes jalapeno peppers. Seaboard operates internationally through a network of affiliates and subsidiaries. It markets products under several brands including Seaboard Farms, Prairie Fresh, St. Joe Pork, High Plains Bioenergy and Prairie Fresh Prime among others. The company has presence across the Americas, Eastern Mediterranean, Africa, Pacific Basin and Europe. Seaboard is headquartered in Shawnee Mission, Kansas, the US.
Seaboard Corp Key Recent Developments
Mar 26,2018: Seaboard Foods appoints Darwin Sand as president and chief executive officer
Mar 06,2018: Retirement of Seaboard Foods' president
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Seaboard Corp-Key Facts 6
Seaboard Corp-Key Employees 7
Seaboard Corp-Key Employee Biographies 8
Seaboard Corp-Major Products and Services 9
Seaboard Corp-History 11
Seaboard Corp-Company Statement 13
Seaboard Corp-Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2-Company Analysis 18
Company Overview 18
Seaboard Corp-Business Description 19
Business Segment: CT&M 19
Key Stats 19
Business Segment: Marine 19
Key Stats 20
Business Segment: Pork 20
Key Stats 20
Business Segment: Power 20
Key Stats 20
Key Stats 20
Key Stats 20
Business Segment: Sugar 21
Key Stats 21
Business Segment: Turkey 21
Geographical Segment: Africa 21
Geographical Segment: Canada/Mexico 21
Geographical Segment: Caribbean, Central and South America 22
Geographical Segment: Europe 22
Geographical Segment: Others 22
Geographical Segment: Pacific Basin and Far East 22
Geographical Segment: United States 22
Seaboard Corp-Corporate Strategy 23
Seaboard Corp-SWOT Analysis 24
SWOT Analysis-Overview 24
Seaboard Corp-Strengths 24
Seaboard Corp-Weaknesses 25
Seaboard Corp-Opportunities 26
Seaboard Corp-Threats 27
Seaboard Corp-Key Competitors 28
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 29
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 29
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 30
Performance Chart 33
Financial Performance 33
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 34
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 35
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 36
Mar 06, 2018: Retirement of Seaboard Foods' president 36
Section 5-Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41
List of Figures
Seaboard Corp, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 33
Seaboard Corp, Ratio Charts 35
List of Tables
Seaboard Corp, Key Facts 6
Seaboard Corp, Key Employees 7
Seaboard Corp, Key Employee Biographies 8
Seaboard Corp, Major Products and Services 9
Seaboard Corp, History 11
Seaboard Corp, Other Locations 15
Seaboard Corp, Subsidiaries 16
Seaboard Corp, Key Competitors 28
Seaboard Corp, Ratios based on current share price 29
Seaboard Corp, Annual Ratios 30
Seaboard Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 31
Seaboard Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 32
Seaboard Corp, Interim Ratios 34
Currency Codes 37
Capital Market Ratios 37
Equity Ratios 38
Profitability Ratios 38
Cost Ratios 39
Liquidity Ratios 39
Leverage Ratios 40
Efficiency Ratios 40
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Perdue Farms Inc.
Hillshire Brands Company
Del Monte Foods Inc
ConAgra Brands Inc
Bridgford Foods Corporation
Seaboard Corp, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"