Magna International Inc (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Magna International Inc (MG)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Magna International Inc. (Magna) is a global automotive supplier. It is involved in developing and manufacturing technologically advanced automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components. These products are primarily sold to original equipment manufacturers of cars and light trucks. Magna undertakes the design, engineering, testing and manufacture of automotive systems; seating systems; closure systems; body and chassis systems; vision systems; electronic systems; exterior systems; powertrain systems; roof systems; hybrid and electric vehicles/systems; and aslo complete vehicle engineering and contract manufacturing. Key customers of the company include GM, BMW, Ford Motor Company, Chrysler Group, and Daimler Group, among others. The company operates through its manufacturing operations, product development, engineering and sales centers across Asia, Europe, North and South American regions. Magna is headquartered in Aurora, Ontario, Canada.
Magna International Inc Key Recent Developments
Oct 11,2018: Magna Terra Announces First Phase Drill Plans For High Priority Targets in Q4/18
Aug 08,2018: Magna reports record second quarter results
Jun 30,2018: Magna International to close Perth's Grenville Castings plant, 380 jobs affected
Jun 08,2018: Magna Honored with Ford World Excellence Awards
May 10,2018: Magna reports Q1 2018 financial results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Magna International Inc-Key Facts 6
Magna International Inc-Key Employees 7
Magna International Inc-Key Employee Biographies 9
Magna International Inc-Major Products and Services 10
Magna International Inc-History 11
Magna International Inc-Company Statement 17
Magna International Inc-Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Joint Venture 20
Section 2-Company Analysis 21
Company Overview 21
Magna International Inc-Business Description 22
Product Category: Body systems and chassis systems 22
Product Category: Closure systems 22
Product Category: Complete vehicle assembly 22
Product Category: Exterior systems 23
Product Category: Powertrain systems 23
Product Category: Seating systems 23
Product Category: Tooling, engineering and other 23
Product Category: Vision and electronic systems 24
Geographical Segment: Asia 24
Target Markets 24
Geographical Segment: Corporate and Other 24
Geographical Segment: Europe 24
Target Markets 24
Geographical Segment: North America 25
Target Markets 25
Geographical Segment: Rest of World 25
R&D Overview 25
Magna International Inc-Corporate Strategy 26
Magna International Inc-SWOT Analysis 27
SWOT Analysis-Overview 27
Magna International Inc-Strengths 27
Magna International Inc-Weaknesses 28
Magna International Inc-Opportunities 29
Magna International Inc-Threats 30
Magna International Inc-Key Competitors 31
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 33
Performance Chart 36
Financial Performance 36
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 37
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 38
Magna International Inc, Recent Deals Summary 39
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 40
Oct 11, 2018: Magna Terra Announces First Phase Drill Plans For High Priority Targets in Q4/18 40
Aug 08, 2018: Magna reports record second quarter results 42
Jun 08, 2018: Magna Honored with Ford World Excellence Awards 44
May 10, 2018: Magna Announces Record First Quarter Results 45
Apr 09, 2018: Magna to Develop Electric Vehicle Architecture for BAIC Group 46
Nov 09, 2017: Magna Announces Third Quarter Results 47
Sep 08, 2017: Magna expands in Alabama with Aluminum Casting facility 49
Sep 08, 2017: Magna expands in Alabama with Aluminum Casting facility 50
Aug 11, 2017: Magna announces Q2 2017 results 51
Aug 11, 2017: Magna Announces Second Quarter Results 52
Section 5-Appendix 54
Ratio Definitions 54
About GlobalData 58
Contact Us 58
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Magna International Inc, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 36
Magna International Inc, Ratio Charts 38
List Of Table
List of Tables
Magna International Inc, Key Facts 6
Magna International Inc, Key Employees 7
Magna International Inc, Key Employee Biographies 9
Magna International Inc, Major Products and Services 10
Magna International Inc, History 11
Magna International Inc, Subsidiaries 19
Magna International Inc, Joint Venture 20
Magna International Inc, Key Competitors 31
Magna International Inc, Ratios based on current share price 32
Magna International Inc, Annual Ratios 33
Magna International Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 34
Magna International Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 35
Magna International Inc, Interim Ratios 37
Magna International Inc, Recent Deals Summary 39
Currency Codes 54
Capital Market Ratios 54
Equity Ratios 55
Profitability Ratios 55
Cost Ratios 56
Liquidity Ratios 56
Leverage Ratios 57
Efficiency Ratios 57
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies
Magna International Inc, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
Robert Bosch GmbH
Ficosa International SA
Commercial Vehicle Group, Inc.
American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc