General Motors Co (GM)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
General Motors Co (GM) is an automobile manufacturing company. The company, along with its partners, designs, builds, and markets cars, trucks and automobile parts around the world. GM also provides automotive financing services through its subsidiary, General Motors Financial Company. It also offers products and services such as Chevrolet Certified Service, Buick Certified Service, GMC Certified Service, Cadillac Certified Service, Ally Automotive, Ally Financial, GM Card, SiriusXM Radio, Performance Parts, ACDelco, and GM Accessories, among others. The company sells cars and trucks to commercial fleet customers, daily rental car companies, leasing companies and governments directly or through a network of dealers. Some of the company's key brands include Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Holden, Opel, Baojun, Vauxhall, among others. It has operations in North America, Europe, Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America. GM is headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, the US.
General Motors Co Key Recent Developments
Oct 31,2018: Mets to hire agent as GM
Oct 31,2018: Q&A with Emaar's first female Emirati GM Sharihan Al Mashary
Oct 30,2018: GM unveils 700-horsepower electric Camaro and, maybe, a way to build your own
Oct 28,2018: NMC appoints Ato Afful as MD of Graphic; Kofi Owusu as GNA GM
Oct 28,2018: Larson Electronics Releases 2019 Chevrolet Colorado No-Drill 3rd Brake Light Magnetic Steel Mounting Plate
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
General Motors Co-Key Facts 6
General Motors Co-Key Employees 7
General Motors Co-Key Employee Biographies 9
General Motors Co-Key Operational Employees 10
General Motors Co-Major Products and Services 11
General Motors Co-History 12
General Motors Co-Company Statement 27
General Motors Co-Locations And Subsidiaries 29
Head Office 29
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 29
Joint Venture 32
Section 2-Company Analysis 33
Company Overview 33
General Motors Co-Business Description 34
Business Segment: Corporate 34
Business Segment: GM Financial 34
Key Stats 34
Business Segment: GMI 35
Key Stats 35
Business Segment: GMNA 35
Key Stats 35
Geographical Segment: Non-US 35
Target Markets 35
Geographical Segment: The US 36
R&D Overview 36
General Motors Co-Corporate Strategy 37
General Motors Co-SWOT Analysis 38
SWOT Analysis-Overview 38
General Motors Co-Strengths 38
General Motors Co-Weaknesses 39
General Motors Co-Opportunities 40
General Motors Co-Threats 41
General Motors Co-Key Competitors 42
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 43
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 43
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 44
Performance Chart 47
Financial Performance 47
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 48
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 49
General Motors Co, Recent Deals Summary 50
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 51
Oct 28, 2018: Larson Electronics Releases 2019 Chevrolet Colorado No-Drill 3rd Brake Light Magnetic Steel Mounting Plate 51
Oct 28, 2018: Larson Electronics Releases 2019 Chevrolet Colorado No-Drill 3rd Brake Light Magnetic Steel Mounting Plate 52
Oct 26, 2018: The U.S. Department of Energy, General Motors and MathWorks launch EcoCAR Mobility Challenge 53
Oct 26, 2018: The U.S. Department of Energy, General Motors and MathWorks launch EcoCAR Mobility Challenge 54
Oct 26, 2018: The U.S. Department of Energy, General Motors and MathWorks launch EcoCAR Mobility Challenge 55
Oct 24, 2018: The U.S. Department of Energy, General Motors and MathWorks launch EcoCAR mobility challenge 56
Oct 15, 2018: General Motors and the road to 100% renewable energy 58
Oct 09, 2018: General Motors named EPA National top 100 green power user 60
Oct 08, 2018: CMS Energy announces operations for Northwest Ohio wind, providing clean energy to General Motors 61
Oct 03, 2018: Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle 62
Section 5-Appendix 66
Ratio Definitions 66
About GlobalData 70
Contact Us 70
List of Figures
General Motors Co, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 47
General Motors Co, Ratio Charts 49
List of Tables
General Motors Co, Key Facts 6
General Motors Co, Key Employees 7
General Motors Co, Key Employee Biographies 9
General Motors Co, Key Operational Employees 10
General Motors Co, Major Products and Services 11
General Motors Co, History 12
General Motors Co, Other Locations 29
General Motors Co, Subsidiaries 29
General Motors Co, Joint Venture 32
General Motors Co, Key Competitors 42
General Motors Co, Ratios based on current share price 43
General Motors Co, Annual Ratios 44
General Motors Co, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 45
General Motors Co, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 46
General Motors Co, Interim Ratios 48
General Motors Co, Recent Deals Summary 50
Currency Codes 66
Capital Market Ratios 66
Equity Ratios 67
Profitability Ratios 67
Cost Ratios 68
Liquidity Ratios 68
Leverage Ratios 69
Efficiency Ratios 69
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Toyota Motor Corp
Nissan Motor Co Ltd
Macro Industries Inc
Hyundai Motor Co
Honda Motor Co Ltd
Ford Motor Co
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV
General Motors Co, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"