The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd (SCI)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd (SCI) is a government-owned company offering shipping services. It owns and operates a wide range of vessels, which provide national and international shipping services. Its service line includes break-bulk services, international container services, shipbuilding consultancy, liquid/dry bulk services, offshore services and passenger services, among others. It also carries out chartering and lighterage operations. The company's fleet base consists of bulk carriers, crude oil tankers, product tankers, container vessels, passenger-cum-cargo vessels, chemical carriers, ammonia carriers, LPG carriers and offshore supply vessels. The company operates in mainland India, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and international ports. SCI is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd Key Recent Developments
Aug 15,2018: SCI: M.T. 'Desh Vaibhav' suffered an explosion-updates as on 15th Aug 2018
Aug 14,2018: SCI: M.T. 'Desh Vaibhav' suffered an explosion
Jan 24,2018: SCI, Great Eastern, Essar Shipping Bid For IOC And BPCL's Long-term Tanker Charter
Sep 06,2017: GAIL To Hire LNG Ship From Total To Haul Gas From US
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Key Facts 6
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Key Employees 7
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Key Employee Biographies 9
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Major Products and Services 10
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-History 11
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Company Statement 13
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Joint Venture 15
Section 2-Company Analysis 16
Company Overview 16
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Business Description 17
Business Segment: Bulk 17
Key Stats 17
Business Segment: Liner 17
Key Stats 17
Business Segment: Tanker 18
Key Stats 18
Business Segment: Technical & Offshore services 18
Key Stats 18
Geographical Segment: India 18
Geographical Segment: Other Countries 19
Geographical Segment: Singapore 19
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Corporate Strategy 20
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis-Overview 21
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Strengths 21
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Weaknesses 22
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Opportunities 23
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Threats 24
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd-Key Competitors 25
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 31
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 33
Aug 15, 2018: SCI: M.T. 'Desh Vaibhav' suffered an explosion-updates as on 15th Aug 2018 33
Aug 14, 2018: SCI: M.T. 'Desh Vaibhav' suffered an explosion 34
Section 5-Appendix 35
Ratio Definitions 35
About GlobalData 39
Contact Us 39
List of Figures
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 30
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Ratio Charts 31
List of Tables
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Key Facts 6
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Key Employees 7
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Key Employee Biographies 9
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Major Products and Services 10
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, History 11
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Joint Venture 15
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Key Competitors 25
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 26
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Annual Ratios 27
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 32
Currency Codes 35
Capital Market Ratios 35
Equity Ratios 36
Profitability Ratios 36
Cost Ratios 37
Liquidity Ratios 37
Leverage Ratios 38
Efficiency Ratios 38
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
"K" Line (India) Private Limited
Essar Shipping Ltd
Global Offshore Services Ltd
The Great Eastern Shipping Co Ltd
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"