Mass affluent populations around the world are growing in size, making them an increasingly important segment for financial providers. These consumers possess more financial products than average, maintain higher levels of savings and investments, and are more likely to use added-value services. This makes them an attractive and profitable segment to target.
- The Chinese mass affluent space is around 36 million individuals. Demographically, this segment tends to be older, more established, and with greater liquidity. They are also knowledgeable with regards to financial products and more active in the management of their finances. Physically visiting a branch remains the main channel of research for mass affluents when considering a current account provider, and this is demonstrated by a 12 percentage point variance compared to the retail segment.
- For 88% of mortgages given to mass affluents the branch played a role in the customer journey. However, mass affluents use other channels as part of the application process, with call centers particularly important.
- The telephone channel is important to mass affluents when arranging a loan. 28% of consumers also used post. If document capture systems can be implemented then the reliance on this channel can diminish, meaning speedier disbursement of funds to the applicant.
- Mass affluents are avid users of social media, with 91% using social media platforms daily compared to 85% of retail consumers. Financial services providers in China must take note of this opportunity in order to increase engagement with this lucrative segment.
Verdict Financial's "Mass Affluents: Channel Use in China" is one of a series of snapshots offering insight into the mass affluent consumer segment in China. It examines mass affluents' channel preferences in detail. This snapshot is based on findings from our 2015 Retail Banking Insight Survey.
It offers insight into:
- Which channels mass affluents use for their current accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and loans, and the extent to which banks are cross-selling to this segment.
- The factors that drive mass affluents' choice of channel use.
- Which channels are favored by mass affluents
Reasons to Buy
- Improve your targeting of mass affluents in China by learning about their preferences with respect to channel features. Identify the key factors that drive mass affluents' choice of channels.
- Understand the extent to which mass affluents are using P2P lenders and social media.
Ongoing Use & Satisfaction
Reasons for Non-use
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
China Everbright Bank
Bank of China
China Development Bank
China Construction Bank
Agricultural Bank of China
Postal SavingsBank of China
China Merchants Bank
Bank of Beijing
Bank of Communications
Ping An Bank
Bank of East Asia
Baidu and People's Bank of China.
Mass Affluents, Mortgages, Savings account, Personal Loans, Current account, P2P lender, Social media, Online, Mobile, Branch, New entrant, Challenger banks, Gross advances, Outstanding balances, Banking, China, personalized advice, remote deposit capture, biometric authentication, video-chat and click-to-call , digital on boarding/product application, automated decision-making
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"
I am pleased to see the very useful and productive information in the report..Very well structured great presentation reflect professionalism in your research studies.... "Mustafa Masood, Financial Analyst , Coldwell Banker Riyadh"
While we still are studying and analysing your reports about Vietnam & Thailand, we would like to convey to your research team that they have done a very good job in compiling so much of information together. We hope to see more of such well researched reports. All the best & keep it up. ... "Prashant Bhagwat,General Manager, Mahindra"