The Turkish payments market continues to witness significant change as it aims to become a cashless society by 2023. Although payment cards still play an important role, new payment technologies will continue to develop, with mobile payments expected to play a significant role in driving an increased level of electronic payment adoption in the Turkish market. This process will be supported by the modernization of the payments infrastructure over the last five years, as well as the latest amendments to regulation, which relaxed restrictions on credit card and consumer loan installment payment plans. This will have an impact on consumer indebtedness.
- With less than one in five Turkish consumers paying their credit card balance in full, the number of revolvers has continued to increase. The higher consumer indebtedness makes the credit card market particularly attractive for issuers aiming to benefit from both credit interest and interchange from purchases.
- While e-commerce accounts for the vast majority of online purchases by value in Turkey and is set to record a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16% between 2015 and 2020, m-commerce is expected to record a CAGR of 41% over the same period of time.
- With PayPal being forced to close its operations in Turkey, its 21% market share will be redistributed among its competitors. As a result, it is very likely that mobile banking apps that allow P2P fund transfers will further increase their 36% market share in the future.
Verdict Financial's "Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Turkey 2016" examines the consumer payments market in Turkey, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. It looks at the regulations in force in the market that players must comply with, and how these have changed in recent years.
The report also:
- Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage.
- Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years.
- Considers consumer attitudes towards prepaid cards, P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in Turkey are deploying these tools to meet customer needs.
- Explores the online payment market in Turkey by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
- Considers the regulations affecting the payments market and how they are likely to affect both incumbents and disruptors.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in Turkey.
- Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market and plan your strategy accordingly.
- Discover consumer sentiments towards various payment tools in the Turkish market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
- Learn about the key regulatory requirements affecting Turkish payments players and any recent or upcoming changes to those requirements.
PAYMENTS INFRASTRUCTURE & REGULATION
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Yapi Kredi Bankasi
Turkiye Is Bankasi
Turk Ekonomi Bankasi
P2P, regulation, payments, cash, digital wallets, disruption, fintech, Turkey, Turkish, credit, debit, charge, prepaid, online, e-commerce, m-commerce, mobile payments
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"
I am pleased to see the very useful and productive information in the report..Very well structured great presentation reflect professionalism in your research studies.... "Mustafa Masood, Financial Analyst , Coldwell Banker Riyadh"
While we still are studying and analysing your reports about Vietnam & Thailand, we would like to convey to your research team that they have done a very good job in compiling so much of information together. We hope to see more of such well researched reports. All the best & keep it up. ... "Prashant Bhagwat,General Manager, Mahindra"
We would like to appreciate Ken Research for their great efforts and wonderful support in providing the Market Intelligence Report for ITPC. The information, statistics and research are well understandable and very clear to the point. We are happy with Ken research for their good client service, on-time delivery of the report and as said the report itself. Thank you Ken research for bringing the valuable output for us. We would be looking forward to have more research with you in the near future. Wish you a success in your business!... "Jestin Mathew, Indonesian Trade Promotion Center"