PESTLE Insights: Italy-Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Five major regions of Italy generated around 58% of the country's GDP and comprised of 51.3% of the country's population in 2016
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 29.6% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (19.4%), and wholesale, retail and hotels activities (15.2%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 3.1%, 2.4% and 2.2%, respectively, in 2018.
- As per the Global Competitiveness Index 2017-2018, Italy's infrastructure ranked 43rd out of 137 nations
- More than 80% of foreign investments in Italy were from major European nations in 2016
- The overall FTSE MIB (Milano Indice di Borsa) TR index exhibits a declining trend over the last one year. As of August 7th, 2018 FTSE MIB TR index stood at 2,678.8, compared to 3,133.3 on August 7th, 2017
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country's snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies' presence in these areas.
Table of Contents 2
List of Exhibits 3
Did you Know? 4
Country Highlights 5
Country Snapshot 7
PESTLE Insights 21
Political Landscape 22
Economic Landscape 23
Social Landscape 30
Technological Landscape 33
Legal Landscape 36
Environmental Landscape 37
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Italy's Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to West Europe and the World 11
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index 12
Exhibit 4: Italy Stock Market Index 14
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows, 2014-2017 16
Exhibit 7: Net FDI Inflows by Sector in USD Million, 2016 16
Exhibit 8: FDI Inflows Share by Region 18
Exhibit 9: Top Five Investing Nations in Italy, 2014-2016 18
Exhibit 10: Key Infrastructure Indicators 20
Exhibit 11: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 24
Exhibit 12: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017) 24
Exhibit 13: Export, Import and Trade Balance 25
Exhibit 14: Current Account Balance 25
Exhibit 15: Top Three Commodity Exports, Percentage of Total Exports, 2013-2017 26
Exhibit 16: Nuclear Reactors, Boilers, Machinery, Percentage Share in World's Total, 2017 26
Exhibit 17: Interest Rates 28
Exhibit 18: Exchange Rate 28
Exhibit 19: Public Finance 29
Exhibit 20: General Government Debt 29
Exhibit 21: Employment / Unemployment 31
Exhibit 22: Average Annual Wages 31
Exhibit 23: Labor Cost Index 31
Exhibit 24: Rural / Urban Share of Total Population 32
Exhibit 25: Age-group Share of Total Population 32
Exhibit 26: Gender Split 32
Exhibit 27: Internet Users Percentage of the Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017 34
Exhibit 28: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Inhabitants, 2015 35
Exhibit 29: Business Enterprise R&D Expenditure by Source of Funds, 2012-2016 35
Exhibit 30: Doing Business in Italy 2018 36
Exhibit 31: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017 36
Exhibit 32: CO2 Emissions 37
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"