PESTLE Insights: Denmark-Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Four major provinces generated around 52.8% of the GDP of Denmark and were home to 51.2% of the country's population, as of 2016
Financial intermediation was the top invested sector in Denmark in 2017
Overall, the OMX Copenhagen 20 index exhibited a downward trend over last year. As of October 29, 2018, the index stood at 893.9, compared to 1045.4 on October 27, 2017.
To develop the infrastructure of the country, the Government of Denmark has earmarked DKK100.0 bn (USD 14.8 bn) to be spent by 2020 to ensure high level of mobility, flexibility and reliability
- Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 25.9% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (17.9%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (15.1%).
- In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 5.6%, 2.9% and 5.4%, respectively, in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country's snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies' presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Exhibits 3
Did you Know? 4
Country Highlights 5
Country Snapshot 7
PESTLE Insights 21
Political Landscape 22
Economic Landscape 23
Social Landscape 30
Technological Landscape 33
Legal Landscape 36
Environmental Landscape 37
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Denmark's Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average 11
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index 12
Exhibit 4: OMX Copenhagen 20 14
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
Exhibit 6: FDI inflows (Q1 2014-Q2 2018) and FDI inflow by sector (2012-2016) 16
Exhibit 7: FDI stock by country (2015-2017) and share of FDI by country (2017) 18
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators 20
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 24
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017) 24
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance 25
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance 25
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017 26
Exhibit 14: Nuclear Reactors and Boilers, % of World Total, 2017 26
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates 28
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate 28
Exhibit 17: Public Finance 29
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt 29
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment 31
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages 31
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index 31
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population 32
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population 32
Exhibit 24: Gender Split 32
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017 34
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn Population, 2018 35
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports), 2016 35
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Denmark 2019 36
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017 36
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions 37
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Denmark, investments, elections, FDI, PESTLE, sectors, MarketLine Country Risk Index, economic growth, technology, corruption, environmental treaties
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"