PESTLE Insights: Turkey-Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Five major provinces in Turkey generate around 53.1% of the country's GDP and comprise 36.3% of the country's population
Mining, manufacturing and utilities activity contributed 23.3% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by financial intermediation, real estate, and business activity (17.9%), and wholesale, retail, and hotels (16.3%). In nominal terms, the three sectors grew by 25.%, 15.4%, and 22.4%, respectively, in 2017.
- According to the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), Turkey's transport and logistic infrastructure rank declined from 34th in 2016 to 47th in 2018 out of 160 countries.
- The Turkish government is expected to invest USD 23 bn to upgrade its infrastructure in order to attain its 2023 goal
- The Netherlands accounted for the largest share of FDI stock in 2017
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country's snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies' presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Exhibits 3
Did you Know? 4
Country Highlights 5
Country Snapshot 7
PESTLE Insights 21
Political Landscape 22
Economic Landscape 23
Social Landscape 30
Technological Landscape 33
Legal Landscape 36
Environmental Landscape 37
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Turkey's Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to East Europe, and the World Average 11
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index 12
Exhibit 4: Istanbul Stock Market Index-XU100 14
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
Exhibit 6: FDI by sector (2013-2017) and share of FDI by sectors (2017) 16
Exhibit 7: FDI inflow by country (2013-2017) and share of FDI by country (2017) 17
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators 20
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 24
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017) 24
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance 25
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance 25
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017 26
Exhibit 14: Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling stock, % of world exports, 2017 26
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates 28
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate 28
Exhibit 17: Daily Exchange Rate 29
Exhibit 18: Public Finance 30
Exhibit 19: General Government Debt 30
Exhibit 20: Employment/Unemployment 32
Exhibit 21: Average Annual Wages 32
Exhibit 22: Labour Cost Index 32
Exhibit 23: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population 33
Exhibit 24: Age-group Share of Total Population 33
Exhibit 25: Gender Split 33
Exhibit 26: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016 35
Exhibit 27: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015 36
Exhibit 28: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports) 36
Exhibit 29: Doing Business in Turkey 2018 37
Exhibit 30: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2017 37
Exhibit 31: CO2 Emissions 38
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"