Barclays Wealth and Investment Management ("Barclays Wealth") operates under Barclays UK and Barclays Corporate & International, the company's two main divisions. This comes after Barclays began undergoing another restructure, whereby the company will focus on its key market of the UK as it continues to withdraw from non-core markets. One of the company's largest divestments was its US Wealth Americas division to Stifel in December 2015. Barclays Wealth operates an extensive branch network in the country, with most located in Southeast England. The company also has offices in Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Barclays Wealth continues to divest from non-core markets in an effort to improve efficiencies. In May 2016 Barclays announced the sale of a stake in its African unit, and in April 2016 announced the completed sale of its retail and wealth investment management units in Portugal to Bankinter.
- Divestment activity has had a clear impact on Barclays' financial performance. The bank has shifted its focus towards investment and corporate banking, which show signs of profit growth. In addition, the company saw 13% operating revenue growth in Barclaycard, while operating revenues for Personal and Corporate Banking dropped.
- Entrepreneurs, along with corporations, are some of the division's target groups. It provides relationship managers across eight regions throughout the UK to support clients with their entrepreneurial ventures.
- Barclays Wealth offers non-domiciled UK residents a team of bankers with a range of services that cater to offshore banking, mortgage, and trust needs. This is in line with the company's strategy to become a transatlantic bank.
- Barclays resonates with audiences on digital platforms such as Barclays One, providing clients with a view of their total wealth using interactive charts and currency breakdown features. It also seeks to provide clients with lifestyle experiences and philanthropic support.
Verdict Financial's "Super League In-Depth Analysis: Barclays Wealth 2016" is a comprehensive analysis of Barclays Wealth's wealth management operations. It offers insight into the company's strategy, financial results, and marketing activities. It also covers recent merger and acquisition (M&A) activity, customer targeting, and product innovation.
- Insight into Barclays Wealth's growth strategy.
- Overview of the firm's organizational structure.
- Clear presentation of its geographical coverage and expansion strategy, including M&A activity.
- Analysis of the firm's financial performance at group and divisional, including comparison with other global wealth managers.
- Examination of key target client groups.
- Analysis of Barclays Wealth's service and product proposition and how it is unique compared to those of its competitors.
- Review of Barclays Wealth's marketing and social media activities.
Reasons to Buy
- Examine the financial performance and key ratios for Barclays Wealth and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
- Explore Barclays Wealth's recent M&A and growth strategies and their impacts on its AUM growth and financial performance.
- Understand Barclays Wealth's client targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
- Learn more about Barclays Wealth's marketing strategy, social media presence, and digital innovations.
1. Executive Summary
3. Financial Performance
4. Customers & Products
5. Marketing & Advertising
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Bank of Singapore
Barclays Wealth & Investment Management
AUA, assets under advice, AUM, assets under management, Barclays, expat residents, HNW, social media, UHNW, wealth management
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"