Insurance in Colombia
Insurance in Colombia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Colombia insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The Colombian insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 8.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- The non-life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 6.1bn, equivalent to 68.5% of the market's overall value.
- According to Swiss Re, Colombia's insurance penetration rate in 2017 was 2.9%, significantly below the global average of 6.1%. There is opportunity for growth in this market given its low penetration rate and economic development.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Colombia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Colombia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Colombia insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Colombia insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Colombia insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Colombia insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Colombia's insurance market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market share 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Five Forces Analysis 14
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 24
Positiva Compania de Seguros 24
Seguros Alfa S.A. 25
Compania De Seguros Bolivar SA 26
Suramericana de Seguros S.A. 29
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Tables
Table 1: Colombia insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Colombia insurance market category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Colombia insurance market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Colombia insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Table 5: Colombia insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Positiva Compania de Seguros: key facts
Table 7: Seguros Alfa S.A.: key facts
Table 8: Compania De Seguros Bolivar SA: key facts
Table 9: Compania De Seguros Bolivar SA: key financials (USD )
Table 10: Compania De Seguros Bolivar SA: key financials (COP)
Table 11: Compania De Seguros Bolivar SA: key financial ratios
Table 12: Suramericana de Seguros S.A.: key facts
Table 13: Suramericana de Seguros S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 14: Suramericana de Seguros S.A.: key financials (COP)
Table 15: Suramericana de Seguros S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 16: Colombia size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: Colombia gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Colombia gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: Colombia inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: Colombia consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: Colombia exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Colombia insurance market value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Colombia insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Colombia insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Colombia insurance market share: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: Colombia insurance market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Colombia, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Colombia, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Colombia, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Colombia, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Colombia, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Colombia, 2017
Figure 12: Compania De Seguros Bolivar SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Compania De Seguros Bolivar SA: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Suramericana de Seguros S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Suramericana de Seguros S.A.: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Positiva Compania de Seguros
Seguros Alfa S.A.
Compania De Seguros Bolivar SA
Suramericana de Seguros S.A.
Financial Services, Insurance, MarketLine, Colombia
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"